CJ Leak moves to Saftey?

Sequatchie

He would do this because he stinks at QB.  That is why he is a 6 year wannabe.

825310560[/snapback]

I have to disagree about that he has had a touch time of it. He would be in the NFL I think if two things would have went diffrently for him.

1) If he had signeed with Tennessee or another school out of HS instead of Wake Forest. He would have had better coaching and better supporting players!

2) The knee injury if he hadn't got his knee all messed up that really hurt him and things really went bad from there until he got to Knoxville!

C.J. Leak is not an NFL-caliber player. If he were, he would have beaten out the two freshmen for the starting job. He's decent, but I'm not convinced that even a legendary coach could have turned him into a star. Wake Forest's coaching is irrelevant -- he only went there for a year. He's been under the tutelage of Fulmer and Sanders for five years, and still hasn't developed. It's not a factor of unharnessed potential; it's simply a matter of Leak not being a great quarterback.

C.J. Leak is not an NFL-caliber player.  If he were, he would have beaten out the two freshmen for the starting job.  He's decent, but I'm not convinced that even a legendary coach could have turned him into a star.  Wake Forest's coaching is irrelevant -- he only went there for a year.  He's been under the tutelage of Fulmer and Sanders for five years, and still hasn't developed.  It's not a factor of unharnessed potential; it's simply a matter of Leak not being a great quarterback.

825310953[/snapback]

I think he was an NFL capable guy maybe not a superstar but someone who could be a backup. Before he had the two knee injuries he was very good coming out of HS a SuperPrep All-American.

Recruiting services don't tell us anything except that he was a good high school player. They certainly don't indicate who will go to the NFL or even dominate in college. They rate high schoolers; it's hard to base any personnel decisions on the merits of some magazine or website.