McKenzie vs Obion Co.

rebfan65

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it is going to be a very fun game to watch. What does OC like to do this year i didn't go see them at the jamboree this year. OC and MHS have built up a fun first week rivalry if you ask me. Its always a good way to start the season between the two teams....Good Luck Rebels (haha which one?) I bet $200 to ANYONE that the Rebels win :(:(

Don't have a clue what OC has coming back this year but it has been a good season opener for both teams for a while now.

McKenzie's Rebels looked decent against a very good 3A Lexington team in the Jamboree tonight. Put up some good offense but, penalties kept them from getting the W. The McK. Rebels biggest problem seems to be the D plus, cutting down on penalties!!!!!!!!!!!!

What has OC done in this pre-season? That should shed some more light.

Don't have a clue what OC has coming back this year but it has been a good season opener for both teams for a while now.

McKenzie's Rebels looked decent against a very good 3A Lexington team in the Jamboree tonight. Put up some good offense but, penalties kept them from getting the W. The McK. Rebels biggest problem seems to be the D plus, cutting down on penalties!!!!!!!!!!!!

825309506[/snapback]

From what I saw at the Jamboree tonight, it looks like Mckenzie is doing the same thing that was done last year. Just mention the name of Drew Hayes and everybody is supposed to either-faint and fall over or run in terror or fall to their knees and pay homage to the holy one. Mck dominated for a while but never could get it in the end zone. Lexington gets the ball and scores, and then does it again. Mck never gets in the end zone until the last two minutes, probably after Lex had put in younger players to give them some experience. When is Mck going to realize this is a team sport and not a one man show?

blrmker,

Thank you so much for your insightful input to this thread. Yes we are guilty of believing that Drew is good at what he does. Most high schools would be thrilled to have a QB with his skills. You may view our thinking as a "one man show" but, we have sense enough to realize that it takes more than one man. If you will read back over my post you MIGHT notice that I mentioned our need to improve in several areas. That would not be the thinking of a "one man show".

I don't know where you are from and don't care, look back over the past 5-6 years and check our record. Check our playoff record as well. Drew wasn't around for all of that. We are glad he is here now but, WE KNOW about team play and how necessary it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825309506[/snapback]

We've had 2 scrimmages on top of the jamboree at Chester Co.The defense has been suspect to giving up big gains but they've improved in each scrimmage.The offense has been able to move the ball well and score.We are in a rebuilding year as we don't have alot of starters returning on either side of the ball but hopefully we can still be succesful. thumb

Obion Co. has looked suspect on defense this summer in the scrimmages and jamboree...The offense will have to carry them for a couple of games...If the OC Rebels can control the ball on long drives and keep McKenzie's Air Hayes offense off the field they will win...Was it true the McK Rebels threw the ball 25 times in 2 eight minute quarters in the jamboree Sat night??You never can tell with the Jax Sun stats....28-7 McK is a little hopeful I would say....Home opener...new unis...revenge factor...all adds up to a 24-19 OC Rebel win...... thumb

Obion Co. has looked suspect on defense this summer in the scrimmages and jamboree...The offense will have to carry them for a couple of games...If the OC Rebels can control the ball on long drives and keep McKenzie's Air Hayes offense off  the field they will win...Was it true the McK Rebels threw the ball 25 times in 2 eight minute quarters in the jamboree Sat night??You never can tell with the Jax Sun stats....28-7 McK is a little hopeful I would say....Home opener...new unis...revenge factor...all adds up to a 24-19 OC Rebel win...... thumb

825309938[/snapback]

Are you guys still in the same offense?

Are you guys still in the same offense?

825309942[/snapback]

As in the pass happy offense of 2 years ago or last years balanced attack that you guys didn't even come close to seeing last year??

Central will run more than pass as they will try to wear you down where you have nothing left in the 4th quarter...But they are capable of passing...Grady threw for around 1,000 yrds in 8th grade and threw well last year on the freshman team....OC will take what you give them...But after the physical pounding they took last year after the Brighton playoff loss,they hit the weight room on the Monday after the season ended and stayed there until 2 a days started in Aug..So they will try to smash-mouth you first....