• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not against Smyrna!

0 and 3

825316126[/snapback]

82cat,

I hate to dig too far back into the past, but Hendersonville's record vs. Smyrna is actually 2-4 dating back to '97. Here's the rundown:

1997: H'ville 55 - Smyrna 7

1998 (week 7): Smyrna 23 - H'ville 18

1998 (2nd round of playoffs): H'ville 17 - Smyrna 9 (enroute to 12-3 record and Clinic Bowl)

2001: Smyrna 21 - H'ville 14 (H'ville's only loss until BlueCross Bowl in a 13-2 season)

2002: Smyrna 28 - H'ville 17

2003: Smyrna 24 - H'ville 17

Smyrna has given Hendersonville some trouble during the last few years, that's for sure. The Wing-T might be a "boring" offense compared to the fun-n-gun that Smyrna and others like to run, but when it's well-coached like H'ville is, the Wing-T wins football games. H'ville has been to the finals twice and the quarterfinals 5 times in the last 8 years. Smyrna has been to the quarters twice in that span in 4A, and we're still waiting for them to get past the 2nd round in 5A. That being said, Smyrna is always a tough and fast opponent, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the game and season turns out. Good luck to both teams.

The wing t sure wasn't very boring tonight my guess is over 600 yrds offense all on the ground and score 42 points mostly on long runs.

And still lose!

I bet if you told your coach before the game that you were going to score 42 points he would have guaranteed a victory.

Tonight was a coming out party for Charles Orona at QB now everyone can see what a truly outstanding QB he is.

No#27 for H,ville was a stud and basically unstoppable.

Its old school these days but kicking wins close games.

We won with our kicking game 2 field goals (we won by 6) and virtually every kick in the end zone.