Hendersonville at Smyrna

timbdp

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

see with the wing-t, at least with a team that runs it well, your not supposed to see the ball, with lavergne you do see it :D . all joking aside, i think with smyrna already having played a game will be big for them in this one, i think their offense will run a lot more smoothly in this one and win by 10-17pts

Smyrna usually plays well against the wing t.

H,ville is the absolute best at running this. What usaully happens is H,ville has a great opening drive and after that Smyrna adjust and since H,ville either can't or won't throw it is difficult for them to do anything. Like all wing t teams if you stop it they usaully don't have anything to go to.

The reason H,ville always has a great first drive is becasue your scout team can not come close to simulating the wing t in practice the way H,ville runs it.

I really think having a game under Smyrnas belt is huge and some of the bugs will be worked out.

It always seems like if you are going to beat H,ville you better beat them early in the season.

Finally some talk on my boys from Hville. From recent years, trying to defend the wing-t of Hendersonville is hard to do. Past two years though, Smyrna has defeated Hendersonville, maybe past 3.. Well, it all changes Friday. The Commandos beat Smyrna at their place. Close game though, but Sawyer and Terrell of Hendersonville have great games on the ground.

Hville-23

smyrna-16

Only thing that scares me is the Commando kicking game.... ;)

Smyrna has won 3 in a row including 2 in a row at H,ville

H,ville had one rushing td last yr and none in ther second half. So I do believe we will stop the wing t and as always once you do that they usually are in big trouble.

Smyrna's kicking game is absolutely outstanding with punting avg 48yrds/punt

And unless we are kicking into the wind no returns will happen period.

H,ville usually has a great kicking game??

H,ville is always a tough opponent but I believe Smyrna will have to much speed and definetly more offensive diversity. Plus H,ville usually takes a few games to get that wing t off the ground.