Ooltewah vs. East Ridge

tonymontana

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a pretty good assessment by basketballisbest.  After watching the first 2 quarters I thought it might be a long game.  East Ridge has a couple of LONG passes that got them the 6 points they had.  Ooltewah's offense really struggled at first.  Turnovers and penalties didn't help much either.  Like basketballisbest said, with a little over a minute left in the first half, Ooltewah FINALLY got the running game going.  Woods didn't have much time to get many passes off...he got hit hard and often early.  But once Caldwell got those legs moving he was gone!

Ooltewah's defense (besides the two loooong passes) looked pretty good.  I think Ooltewah gave up 4 NET yards rushing to the Pioneers.  If you're going to beat Ooltewah, you'll have to do it in the air!

825316929[/snapback]

I like you Grad, but East Ridge's running game and our running game is two entirely different things. You won't be able to stop our three guys, just like we'll have some problems trying to stop Caldwell. East Ridge's running backs were HORRIBLE. #22 couldn't get up the field for his life.

Hey, I was just asking for your take on the game. I know McMinn Co is a different team, and I'll tell everyone on here like I told everyone last night.

If Ooltewah comes out next week and plays like they did in the first half last night, it could be a long night and McMinn will be driving back to Athens happy!

Let's just hope that's not the case! thumb

My thoughts.

I thought ER played hard last night! They just did not match-up with Ooltewah very well. They had one receiver who made some nice catches. There running game was non exsistant. QB has good arm but was running for his life most of the night. Their defense played pretty good the whole game. They held a pretty good offense to 14 points. Nose guard #66, I think, and middle linebacker #44 played good games.

For the Owls, Let's start with the best. Linebackers and d-line played very well. Burke, had at least four more taclkes behind the line. McDade and Ibarguen played well also. Secondary was not very good again. Had some untimely penalties, must improve quickly. O-line played pretty good still needs to improve pass blocking and keep good intensity so Coach Gatewood won't have to call timeout and run on the field to scream at them. (It was intense, I wish I could have heard what he was saying) Caldwell ran the ball hard, and often. I don't understand the cramps, needs to take care of that during the week. He needs to learn how to block when he is not getting the ball or someone else will be handing him the ball by week 5 or 6. I love the way he hits the hole and how hard he runs. #25 Great job as lead blocker several good carries as well. Glad to see another RB get some touches, #24 carried the ball good in the 4th QTR. QB played a smart game, one fumbled exchange and one INT that was tipped. I think he is getting better every week. Region game next week, this time it counts.