Mcminn County Vs. Ooltewah in 2 weeks!

tribeman1

after seeing there line play last night and there defense...I will most definitely be going with ooltewah on this one...they have one of if not the best linebacking cores in chattanooga..........Also i have never seen a tailback explode through the holes like dewayne caldwell...this guy is the real deal...and i would even go as far as to say one of the best chattanooga will ever see.....I am not a fan or neither did I graduate from ooltewah high school...So my opinion is unbiased...I am going on what i have seen out of this ooltewah team...I also believe that them or soddy-daisy will be able to knock off oak ridge this year..................

OWLS 28

CHEROKEES 14

825317690[/snapback]

That's fine, but have you seen the Cherokees this year? I'm not talking about scrimmages or anything like that. I know we've had only one regular season game, but thats all there is to go by right now. So, that's fine to pick the Owls, but unless you were at the Cumberland game how would you know to count the Tribe out? Fair question right?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it doesn't matter if he was back there or not...TribeGuy is correct in saying that we don't have a DB over 6'..maybe not even 5' 11".  That's not necessarily a problem if the guys that are back there will stay tight on their man.  That WR last night for ER was good though.  TribeGuy, you have to agree with me on that one.

825317693[/snapback]

Oh, definetly. He had some size on him and could catch the ball. The thing is that they couldn't buy enough time to get him the ball. You guys put good pressure on their QB.

No big deal.  I can assure you he won't be there next week.  He too tall for our secondary coach he likes em  :D short. 

Off the subject - Did you see the William Blount score?  They got 50 hung on them by 4A Knox Central.  Wow, they had really been getting some hype.  I know it is off the subject but both team do play them down the road. :rolleyes:

825317698[/snapback]

I know. I've already been getting on them on their thread on here. I knew they'd lose last night. That's not good for team morale to lose the first game of the season when you have been hyped up so much. It will only get harder for them. Look at their next games. It's ridiculous. Next, home against Soddy, then home against a tough Alcoa tea, then at Ooltewah, at Maryville. HAHA. That's hard, and they haven't even played us or Farragut, or Oak Ridge yet.

Yeah, Blount may have one of the toughest schedules in 5A....Alcoa, MAryville, Ooltewah, Soddy, Oak Ridge, McMinn...there's not a week they can look forward to!!!

825317705[/snapback]

Plus theres no telling how many injuries they may pick up along the way. All of those teams are physical ones. That's not including another very physical team, Heritage, who is bad, but still very physical.

I would love it if Ooltewah, Soddy, and McMinn all ended the year in the top 3. That would be so awesome. Blount score was an eye opener. I thought they were suppose to be good... All in all Ooltewah's secondary wasn't that bad. They had one legit catch which was a coverage mistake. The other long ball was tipped 2 times by the Ooltewah secondary and somehow the guy still catches it. Ooltewah's secondary is improving but inorder to beat Ooltewah you better be able to throw... Dwayne had an alright night but was cramping the whole time. He said he had someone step on his calf after taht 1st play and since after that he cramped all night. When Woods has time he is really good! Don't underestimate him either. Oh yeah... What did yall MacMinn boys think about the field and stadium? I wish Ooltewah would invest into a bigger stadium. It was packed last night on the HOME side....

I would love it if Ooltewah, Soddy, and McMinn all ended the year in the top 3. That would be so awesome. Blount score was an eye opener. I thought they were suppose to be good... All in all Ooltewah's secondary wasn't that bad. They had one legit catch which was a coverage mistake. The other long ball was tipped 2 times by the Ooltewah secondary and somehow the guy still catches it. Ooltewah's secondary is improving but inorder to beat Ooltewah you better be able to throw... Dwayne had an alright night but was cramping the whole time. He said he had someone step on his calf after taht 1st play and since after that he cramped all night. When Woods has time he is really good! Don't underestimate him either. Oh yeah... What did yall MacMinn boys think about the field and stadium? I wish Ooltewah would invest into a bigger stadium. It was packed last night on the HOME side....

825317735[/snapback]

I thought the field, if you want my honest opinion, looked decent. I'm not just saying that either. I thought the grass part looked pretty good, but as far as the paint, it was average. Actually, it was probably better than a lot of school's in this area, but when I compare to our's it was average. Our field really may be the best looking field in the state this year. You guys should come to a game in Athens this year. What week is your bye week? I hope we play at home that night. Your stadium is older, but you guys did pack out the home side. It's not a bad atmoshpere there. Maybe I would have gotten more out of it if I had sat on the home side, or near the student section, which did get loud last night. I'm very confident that our fans will pack the visitor's section this week. We'll have more people there than East Ridge did last night. It will be a great region showdown!

Forgot to comment about this.. The I offense is centered around your tailback. He is the go to guy on all of your running plays. McMinn runs the wingT. You use multiple runningbacks. Caldwell does get the ball in his hands a lot buts thats the I offense. Downhill smacking in the opponents mouth. Why pass when you can run 300 yards everygame. I can't wait to see how McMinn will try to defend the Owls offense. East Ridge did a good job defending the sweeps. They knew if Caldwell got outside there was no hope. If you stack 8 in the box we will run outside. If you walk up safeties to defend sweeps we will RIGHT 12 Blast your butt for 5+ yards every play. Remember that was the 2nd varsity game Caldwell has ever played, he can only get better. The line of Ooltewah is also very young. They will get better every game!!!! I can't wait to see this matchup next week!!!

Both teams will have their handsfull with each other's running game's this week. Both have very strong rushing attacks, and from what I've seen so far, probably the two best in the region and in the Chatt area. The thing with our LB's from McMinn, is that they are not as big as the guys from East Ridge, with the exception of Matt Moody who is the Middle LB for McMinn, but they are a whole lot faster than the guys I saw for the Pioneers last night. We have some very quick LB's in Justin Frazier, Wade Gossett, and Keith Melton, although they would be even quicker with Nigel in the lineup. I feel very confident that Caldwell won't break a big one against our guys. He always will have to get past Steven McBride, who after seeing Caldwell last night, is just as fast if not a little bit faster. I feel a little better knowing that he is capable of running Caldwell down. He proved he could do it last year when he hocked down Levante Barber of Cleveland, Gulmire from Oak Ridge, and Trey Jackson from Soddy Daisy.

:D You got to love these McMinn people! Their field is much nicer than ours, their paint job is much nicer than our average paint job, their players are much faster than ours. Lord help you if or should I say when Caldwell, Lansden or anyone else does break one and score on you guys. I guess we will hear better than anyones eles's excuses then.

You are full of it if you think that field looked average last night. Show me another high school in the area that looks better. I don't know who does all the field painting at Ooltewah but I thought it looked first class. Unlike you Chief "Much nicer than Yours" tribeguy22, I do think McMinn's field looks nice. The do a good job painting it up. I would not say it is average it is better than that. B)