Mcminn County Vs. Ooltewah in 2 weeks!

tribeman1

alright... i couldnt make it to the game last night(prolly wont make any more this year unless the owls make it to the state semi's or something) i did however see our guys play red bank and can definitely see what yall were talking about with Ooltewahs secondary being vertically challenged B) ! I dont know if Matt Lowe plays in the secondary but he is about 5'11 or 6' and can jump as though he had more skin pigment(if you catch my drift :D Ive seen Ooltewahs QB play very well before and know if he can get comfy back there then he can make some plays. as for the I-FOrmation, it really does lend itself to a single back doing all the work. Caldwell is gonna be putting up some big numbers week in and week out. I personally cant wait until the Owls' play a weaker team and the coaches feel they can trust the backups to get the remainder of the carries so Dewayne can get some rest(60+ carries in 2 games is gonna start taking its toll). I think from all-accounts we know next weeks game is gonna be something else. should be more like the regular season games of '01 and '02 ... coming down to the last seconds. I really wanna hear all yall have to say after next weeks game cause its gonna be a real barn burner at the nest!

Im gonna go Balls Out here and make a prediction:

Owls 31

Cherokees 28

Cherokees kicking woes costing them dearly. (to be fair Im just picking the Owls' cause theyre my guys. I dont doubt McMinn will bring some A-Game)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D You got to love these McMinn people!    Their field is much nicer than ours, their paint job is much nicer than our average paint job, their players are much faster than ours.  Lord help you if or should I say when Caldwell, Lansden or anyone else does break one and score on you guys.  I guess we will hear better than anyones eles's excuses then. 

You are full of it if you think that field looked average last night.  Show me another high school in the area that looks better.  I don't know who does all the field painting at Ooltewah but I thought it looked first class.  Unlike you Chief "Much nicer than Yours" tribeguy22, I do think McMinn's field looks nice.  The do a good job painting it up.  I would not say it is average it is better than that.  B)

825317777[/snapback]

Man I just wanted to give my honest opinion. I said in my post that ya'lls field probably looked better than anybody's in Chattanooga. It just wasn't better than ours. I liked the endzone, but the helmet at the 50 was kind've lame. Oh well, I went to see the game and not the field. I can't wait for next week!

Wow, I thought the helmet at midfield was awesome! It's the best 50 yardline paintjob I've ever seen at any high school football game I've been to.

But hey, like you said, we're there for the game! And this week's going to be a good one.

The "Nest" gets crazy when the visitors side gets packed. This week there could be 7 or 8,000 people there! Can you say "standing room only??"

I think McMInn has a better field also. The big M they put in the middle now looks great. The only bad thing about it now might be that the soccer team plays there and there will probably be some black lines that are visible that werent there vs Cumberland.

actually this year it seems the girls' team is going to be using the football field more and more for their matches. It has to do with the new budget cuts... its no longer Ooltewahs Football Field... its the "Community Field" as well as the "Community track" which means since the tax-payers money paid for it(even though football money improves it and maintains it) everyone has a right to use it.