Mcminn County Vs. Ooltewah in 2 weeks!

tribeman1

Says who??? You? Lets just wait and see in a week! Should be good game! Don't underestimate the Owls Defense... Very good up front and the secondary played alright but can improve a lot... 2 big passes was the E.R. Offense.... You can bet we will be ready and I'm sure MacMinn will too! :rolleyes: How about starting a new thread..... 22 pages is wayyy to much...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says who??? You? Lets just wait and see in a week! Should be good game! Don't underestimate the Owls Defense... Very good up front and the secondary played alright but can improve a lot... 2 big passes was the E.R. Offense.... You can bet we will be ready and I'm sure MacMinn will too! :rolleyes: How about starting a new thread..... 22 pages is wayyy to much...

825317668[/snapback]

No...we gotta let this one ride......keep it goin!

Ooltewah doesn't have a player in their secondary that wears #9. #9 is a 6'4" wide receiver and only plays offense. I agree with you on the Owls secondary it is not very good, the defensive backs are athletic, they seem to be struggling with their coverages for some reason. I don't think McMinn throws the ball much either. I think they try and grind it out also. This game could very well come down to who controls the line of scrimmage. I will take our side of that any day. Several of you guys have said McMinn's line was young, that might be a problem. Our D-line and linebackers are very good. One of our teams strenghts. The Ooltewah O-line looked pretty good in both our non-region games. They have done a good job opening holes, but they must improve pass blocking. I do expect this to be a close hard fought game. I hope the Owls come out on top.

825317668[/snapback]

No, people that were at the game. I'm not saying he is all you have, I'm saying it looks like you rely on him alot. And I agree tribeguy keep this one truckin. We have all read it this far, if you haven't been posting the whole time the topic has been up then there is no place for you to post. I mean if someone wants to read it all then post, I guess that alright, I just don't want people making remarks already been posted. But keep this one up.

Obviously with 295 yards one week and 241 yards the next from one RB, there hasn't been much of a passing attack. But why go to it if the run is working. With a little better pass protection from the O-Line(especially backside), Woods is capable of hitting any receiver at any spot on the field. Running has always been Ooltewah's gameplan(since Gatewood has been there), and that's not going to change. If they are forced to, then Woods will pass. Also, don't get caught up in thinking Caldwell is the only one that can run, and that the receivers are the only ones that can catch for the Owls.

No doubt Red Bank and East Ridge are no McMinn County, but each of the past two weeks has provided Ooltewah with something to work on and improve. But I agree with most of the things you said, and this will definately be Southeast TN game of the week!

Good luck to both teams! Go Owls!

Ooltewah doesn't have a player in their secondary that wears #9.  #9 is a 6'4" wide receiver and only plays offense.  I agree with you on the Owls secondary it is not very good, the defensive backs are athletic, they seem to be struggling with their coverages for some reason.  I don't think McMinn throws the ball much either.  I think they try and grind it out also.  This game could very well come down to who controls the line of scrimmage.  I will take our side of that any day.  Several of you guys have said McMinn's line was young, that might be a problem.  Our D-line and linebackers are very good.  One of our teams strenghts.  The Ooltewah O-line looked pretty good in both our non-region games.  They have done a good job opening holes, but they must improve pass blocking.  I do expect this to be a close hard fought game.  I hope the Owls come out on top.

825317679[/snapback]

Well I'm positive he was back there at one point. I remember pointing him out, as the only kid with size back there.

after seeing there line play last night and there defense...I will most definitely be going with ooltewah on this one...they have one of if not the best linebacking cores in chattanooga..........Also i have never seen a tailback explode through the holes like dewayne caldwell...this guy is the real deal...and i would even go as far as to say one of the best chattanooga will ever see.....I am not a fan or neither did I graduate from ooltewah high school...So my opinion is unbiased...I am going on what i have seen out of this ooltewah team...I also believe that them or soddy-daisy will be able to knock off oak ridge this year..................

OWLS 28

CHEROKEES 14