WORTH / COFFEE COUNTY SPRING CLASSIC

daddyraider

daddy raider, 1st of all my comment wasn't stupid and if you have a problem with that then send me a message and we'll straighten it out, all I'm saying is the girls were disappointed in not getting to continue on in the tournament and I know you can't control the weather and you guys did a good job of getting the fields ready.

By the way know is spelled this way  LOL

825662642[/snapback]

This was a well-run tournament despite tough conditions. Thanks to everyone involved.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was early in the season and the hitting was not really there yet. Newberry and Vercoe were not playing because of injuries, and the freshmen looked to them for leadership. Lawrence and Davies got on base, but didn't get driven in. Now the freshmen have more confidence and they are able to make the big plays (both offensively and defensively). Baylor has 7 or 8 girls who have hit homeruns this season, and with Miller in centerfield the outfield is as good as any.

825662731[/snapback]

Danelle didn't pitch for Goodpasture it was someone else.  the pitcher from Riverdale was good but is was cold and it was our first tournament.

825662741[/snapback]

Excuses ...excuses.. whatever makes you feel better.

Riverdale is good team, with good pitchers, hitters, players and a tremendous coach. Baylor will always have trouble with this team. Dont get me wrong, Baylor is a good team too. But you cant just toss Riverdale aside and say you couldnt win because of this factor or this other factor. Do you think they dont have 7 or 8 girls that have homeruns this season too? Dont you think they have more confidence now too? Truth is you will always have to come up with a reason for you not being able to hit the ball well off of them.

How about just admitting Riverdale and Goodpasture are both good teams? I agree with whoever said Brentwood, Goodpasture, Lincoln county, Soddy, Baylor , Riverdale and a few others are all really good teams and one could beat the other on any given day.

No one is saying that Riverdale & Goodpasture aren't good teams. One of the previous posts was just making the point that preseason tourneys aren't always indicative of what a team is really made of, especially if they have a lot of young players.

None of this really matters much now unless these teams are in the same district, region or state bracket. Tournament season is pretty much over and it is time to concentrate on the tough part of the season.

The Worth/Coffee County tournament was well run considering the conditions. No one can control the weather. Unfortunately, March and April are typically wet months and lots of teams have had to re-work their schedules because of rain-outs. Thanks for all the hard work. :D

With two fields shut down, consider yourself lucky to get single elimination. I don't know what you're whining about GCITY, try going all the way out to Waverly, have your Friday games rained out, stay the night in the hotel and have the tournament called off completely the next morning and we're not whining about it because we know that's just the breaks of Tennessee weather. This happened this weekend, same time as yours. Get a grip. You got more than we did. Consider yourself lucky. :D

825662798[/snapback]

Great post

With two fields shut down, consider yourself lucky to get single elimination. I don't know what you're whining about GCITY, try going all the way out to Waverly, have your Friday games rained out, stay the night in the hotel and have the tournament called off completely the next morning and we're not whining about it because we know that's just the breaks of Tennessee weather. This happened this weekend, same time as yours. Get a grip. You got more than we did. Consider yourself lucky. :D

825662798[/snapback]

At least you were able to play some games. We had our Region II Challenge completely rained out this weekend. We had no breaks in the weather in Knoxville all day Friday and Sat. So the fact that you were able to pull off any kind of tourney in TN this weekend was a miracle. Great job!!

No apparently you're a moron, I haven't addressed you or called anybody a name so you'd do better to speak when you're spoken to and leave the name calling to kids.

825662861[/snapback]

gcity...since you are the only one that has said anything bad about the tourney, it looks like you are the one that doesnt know what they are talking about.....so if you didnt like that tourney so bad, take your one-and-out team and dont enter any tourneys ever again...because you seem to not be happy with any of them.

To all the folks who worked so hard on this weekend's tournament, THANKS! It was just what we needed. When we arrived at the park and saw the fields up front, one of which was a lake, I was really disapointed that we were going home. Then I saw you guys out there working on the back two. Next thing I knew we were playing.

If you guys made more money because of less games, you deserve it.

About the "whose better" commentary, here is how I see it. Soddy is in a class by themselves and Baylor is in the top five or six (we thought a little ahead of Goodpasture). But that order changes with injuries, mood, situation, etc.. Now Lincoln County beats Soddy, go figure, we beat Lincoln Co three times, Riverdale once, and Goodpasture once, are we better than Soddy? No way, Lincoln county just has Soddies number. Wish we did. Oh, I failed to mention, Riverdale beat us later, and Goodpasture was pitching Devon, she's very good but not their best.

This is as much about situation, luck, development and injuries as it is about skill. Do our coaches put best team out every time? Heck no, they are trying to develop ball players. That's often what happens when teams like Goodpasture get beat. Good coaches get beat in order to do better in the long run. Now in the state we should see everybody's "A" team! That is going to be fun!

gcity...since you are the only one that has said anything bad about the tourney, it looks like you are the one that doesnt know what they are talking about.....so if you didnt like that tourney so bad, take your one-and-out team and dont enter any tourneys ever again...because you seem to not be happy with any of them.

825663080[/snapback]

Gcity.....It's pretty simple...keep winning and you keep playing....I'm sorrie your team wasn't good enough to win a game!! I guess the competetion was just to good.....maybe that's why you don't like any tournaments....teams are just to good for yours. Quit crying...Coffee co. did a great job of getting the tourney in.

daddyraider-TF;

Just want to thank you for all the hard work you & your staff including parents that worked last weekend. They all were very helpful & were out there just as much & even more during the tournament. Weather is an issue that you never can guarantee. If you don't like the format or playing in tournaments that get rained out, don't sign up.

Thanks to Terry for a terrific job well done with good competition throughout Friday & Saturday.

It's tournament time in Tennessee. Hope some of you aren't 1 & out at the District tournament, maybe the State will give you another game.

They were both scrimmages and Baylor played without Verco and Newberry in both of them. Pitched a freshman versus Riverdale and was her first time to pitch. Don't be stupid and even consider these as games. Goodpasture and Riverdale may have been playing young kids too. I'm sure both "real games" would be nice to see this time of year.

825662675[/snapback]

i believe goodpasture pitched their freshman in this game just a playday no biggie.

Edited by softballscout