Who will be Miss Basketball 2004-05 list

Sidetrain

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LaToya Bullard should be Miss Basketball, but since most of the sportswriters are out East, the chances are slim...she'll win Gatorade Player of the Year for Tennessee and a slew of other national awards, though, and probably not Miss Basketball...no wonder basketball in our state looks politcal to those in other parts of the nation.

Bullard is very good, but I don't think she is better than Cait. Neither do the Lady Vols. Politics and press are involved in most all post-season awards, and Cait certainly has that. But I think she is a very deserving player for Miss Basketball. Voters being from the East have very little to do with the results. Look at who usually wins Mr Basketball. I believe they come from the West, and we in the East believe our boys are just as good. Gatorade Player of the Year usually comes from the West and we don't yell politics in that decision.

Edited by tnwareagle

Bullard is very good, but I don't think she is better than Cait. Neither do the Lady Vols. Politics and press are involved in most all post-season awards, and Cait certainly has that. But I think she is a very deserving player for Miss Basketball. Voters being from the East have very little to do with the results. Look at who usually wins Mr Basketball. I believe they come from the West, and we in the East believe our boys are just as good. Gatorade Player of the Year usually comes from the West and we don't yell politics in that decision. Just out of curiosity, who does Bullard play summer ball and where is she going to college? Sadly, but true, voters are influenced by that.

825394182[/snapback]

All I have to say is put Cait against Latoya and that will be the end of all those question. Yes Cait is going towards the Lady Vols WOW thats is an acheive. BUT the question is what will she do with the Lady Vols. If she is going to get all the rewards for signing with the Lady Vols, maybe I should go there and be a walk-on.

I am not hating on her but what I am trying to say is we will really see who is the best when Cait get to the Perfect Lady Vols and show her skills. I guess she has one more year, if that is so give Latoya her respect because this is her last year.

TnWarEagle, you are certainly entitled to your opinion but you have no right to assume and make it seem as though the Lady Vols didn't think she was good enough...trust me, she eliminated them waayyy before they eliminated her...she never wanted to play there and let it be known early on. UConn wanted her and so did every other school in the country...we could go on all day about who thinks who is better, but what will we gain from it....NOTHING. Lilhooper is right...the only way we will know is a) if both make it to the state this year and face off, and :blink: when LaToya's Gators face Cait's Lady Vols (which is my favorite team) whoever beats who (not whoever's team wins because of course I think UT will) may quiet the argument...their stats are very comparable and both have played against each other (even with each other one year) in AAU for several years.

I think that LaToya is better and that's not because I know her or because of any bias...as a former college player, I have seen the best of the best and Cait is good, but she is not better than LaToya...period...they are really two different players...Cait is more of a scoring point guard (which come a dime a dozen), like Iverson while LaToya is more of a pure point guard, but she can play shooting guard as well. She cannot be held one on one PERIOD and is one of the best passers in the country. She doesn't have to score 40 a game to beat you (but she is very capable and could any time she wanted to) and its actually better for the other team if she scoring as opposed to breaking down the defense and making everyone on the team beat you. That's the intangible between the both of them...neither will probably be big scorers in the SEC since the guards are HUGE and strong, and they won't be called upon to be the first option 9 times out of 10. I doubt very seriously that Cait will be able to score at will against the bigger, stronger and quicker guards of the SEC. It will be a challenge but I think she can hold her own. Will she dominate? I doubt it. And if either of them can't score, what else can they do? Who is the better all-around player? Who is the most effective guard at the next level?? Who is better at getting their teammats involved? LaToya, of course. There really is no comparison IN MY HONEST OPINION--LaToya is better. You'll have yours, I'll have mine and that's that in a nutshell.

I really don't know who is best. Both are great. I responded to your statement about Cait not being deserving but winning the award anyway due to bias in the East. I think you are way wrong in that assumption, and I go back to the West bringing home so many Mr Basketball awards. There are probably several players worthy of receiving the Mr and Miss Basketball awards, and everybody has a different opinion on who their choice would be. All I was saying is that don't say that Cait will win it JUST because of her press and because of the East voters. She probably will be a desering winner IF she wins it.