BULL CRAP 40 TIMES!

tnwareagle

I in general agree with this post. I do think that there are more than a couple around the state, but every other guy it seems like talked about on here runs a 4.4 or 4.5. Many first round NFL skill guys run 4.5's and to think that a lot of TN HS football players are faster is stupid. And even for the guys that are blazing fast that doesn't make them automatically great, you have to make it to open field for that 40 time to kick in, for example I know Centennial had a ton of speedy guys but when they played BA they had a hard time finding open field and their speed was useless.

Also I have the same complaint about weight lifting numbers, anybody else notice how everybody benchs 400 and squats 600?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I have the same complaint about weight lifting numbers, anybody else notice how everybody benchs 400 and squats 600?

Again i know of a few lightweights ie; 150-170 pounds that are benching and squating more than the 250-350 lineman are. but again that doesn't matter 2 cents worth on the field. i know from experience and from others that someone that power cleans and squats more weight thatn anyone will not help them run over someone that don't squat or power clean as much. its all about size and technique. ppl that are tall are blessed with the leverage advantage. i squated 505 one year adn hit a guy that was bigger than i but i knew ( was on the same team as i ) he was weak in the weight room. what happened? i got put on my butt.

I am so sick of people getting on here and sayin that it is impossible for high school kids to run a 4.4 or 4.5!!!! and as far as people saying...''if they ran a 4.4 or 4.5 then nfl scouts would be all over them!!''....bull crap!... people keep giving players name from the nfl that run 4.5 and a.6's...well big deal...but they forget to mention DeAnglo Hall from virginia tech who ran a 4.15! and if you dont believe that you better do some research!! because they were talking about it a couple of weeks ago on sports center!!!!!! and i played against someone who ran a 4.3 my freshman year!! jamale sanky from alcoa!! and a year before that they had someone even faster by the name of james rainer!! so...no, a 4.4 or a 4.5 is not world class speed!! and by the way :( justin gatlins time would be under a 3.9 in the 40!!! do your math! :lol:;)

Edited by h2oBOI