Maryville vs. Halls

gobigd

Nice to see Billygoat with a new nickname

Me and pepvol don't worship Quarles but we respect Quarles. I am thankful for Quarles and his staff. I am thankful that George Quarles and his staff have better things to do than get on coachT and trash other football teams. Coach Quarles and his staff are interested in winning games for Maryville High School. Every member of Maryville's staff played high school and college football. Quarles played on Furman's national championship team. Quarles has been around winning teams all his life.

If the Halls coaches(billygoat/newman/ted nugent,5'5 midget) would put more effort into coaching and less effort into bashing Maryville, Halls might become a better team one day.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mary - ville will win big and run the score up on Halls just like they did  against

poor little Carter.

But just imagine if Maryville didn' t steal players away from Halls and other schools, the game would probably be close and Halls might even win.

825325513[/snapback]

If you think that a few players is going to decide the fate of a game then it appears to me that you haven't been watching football for too long of a time... Besides that point, maryville only has 3 players starting from other schools... The most recent being Stephen Childs from Smyrna, this year being his first... Adam Parnell from Heritage as a freshman, and Jon Lawhon William Blount and started playin in red and black as a sophomore... So good luck trying to find some new excuses... Maybe next time you can say that we "counterfeit" players...

If you think that a few players is going to decide the fate of a game then it appears to me that you haven't been watching football for too long of a time... Besides that point, maryville only has 3 players starting from other schools... The most recent being Stephen Childs from Smyrna, this year being his first... Adam Parnell from Heritage as a freshman, and Jon Lawhon William Blount and started playin in red and black as a sophomore...  So good luck trying to find some new excuses... Maybe next time you can say that we "counterfeit" players...

825325653[/snapback]

What a lot of people don't talk about is the players Maryville loses. Kenneth Click to Heritage,Kelby Crain to William Blount,Benny Fuller and Morgan Hurst to Alcoa. A poster on this forum (heath9888) said he transfered to Heritage from Maryville. My nephew who coaches at William Blount said that a few freshmen are transfers from Maryville. Maryville has had a lot of kids transfer out the last few years. A lot of those kids would have helped Maryville.

I can assure you of one thing I am not the great billygoat. My post are nowhere near as good as the legends.

My favorite thing about the Maryville people coming out to Halls is....well really its two things.....first we all love to sit around after the game and compare all the funny money we get from the Maryville people.....second with the real money we get we sit around and guess what was bought at the concession stand at the Maryville games with it before the money was "borrowed."

Thank you rebel raider! I am also so sick of people accusing maryville of stealing or recruting players. Maryville doesnt do either of those. Good athletes come to maryville to play football for a great team and an awesome set of coaches. Good athletes also come to maryvile bc they know that since maryville has such a winning record that most of the D-1 colleges look at maryville so the good players come to maryville bc they have a better chance of goin D-1 outta maryville than any other school.