Maryville vs. Halls

gobigd

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if no one else was gonna put the halls people in their place i figured i would just have to take it upon myself, and im also gonna take this opportunity to tell everyone that halls just might be the worst team we play this year, other than carter. and im predicting the score to be about 58 to 6, yes, their kicker misses the extra point, cause they are that bad

if you walk through through the MHS student section tonight im sure we will make fun of you and hit you with our poles of our flags. and im sure when we win we will run on the field and go right in front of the student section and stop and wave them just for you newman. and you might want to bring an extra trainer tonight, and have an extra ambulance ready. im sure you will need one with all the injuries that you are gonna have tonight with matt valentine and lawhon playin in the middle. they know how to get er done, on and off the field.

Worst offensive performance yet. Most turnovers since the MorWest game. If Cade and company can’t perform any better than they did tonight, it will be a short play-off run. The defense up front played well and simply put Halls was just not up to the task of capitalizing upon the offensive mistakes. Teams like Central will score big on those turnovers. I think we have talked and read in the papers how good this offence is that the kids believe the fan fair is going to get it done. I guess we can say a win is a win, but I don't think GQ and staff will see it that way.

Edited by FBEmeritus

I was amazed how dry it was today yet the Halls field was a sloppy quagmire. Yes......we heard how the sprinkler system was left on all night. Kind of bush league if you ask me. Glad no one was injured because of that classless ploy.

Looks like Maryville has much work to do on the wet ball drill. Cade had trouble setting his footing tonight and misfired several times. Backs were laying the ball on the ground and receivers dropped numerous passes. It was virtually impossible to cut on that field.

Too bad for Clemet......looks like he was hurt in the Alcoa game and unable to go tonight. Hopefully we will see him next week. BTW that was a well kept secret.

Maryville's O must play better to beat good teams.

Great job by the defense though. If the defense plays that well all year then Maryville will be fine.

Maryville dominated both sides of the line of scrimmage but it's hard to put many points on the board with 8 turnovers. Don't know for sure but I would guess Maryville had well over 500 yards of offense.

Enjoyed those Knoxville officials. Same old same old out of that bunch. The back judge was in pain when he had to call that one grounding. I guess one out of three obvious groundings is not bad for KFL official. Still trying to figure out that ineligible receiver downfield on a quick out. Maybe somebody saw something these eyes missed.

Bright spot.............field goal kicker Saccett (sp). Two long hard angle FG's and one down the pipe.

Next stop........Heritage!

Go Rebs!

Edited by MLREB

I believe MLREB is a little miffed. I talked to some Halls people and they said it hasn't rained in 3 days. The field was a swamp tonight. I think it is bush league to water that field all night long.

Maryville's defense was outstanding. Gary Tucker and Jon Killabrew had great games. Josh Smith nailed the quarterback one time. The whole defensive line looked good. What about Steven Shrivers hit? He nailed that guy. I still worry a little about the secondary. Maryville needs Dave Garner back.

Offense moved the ball at will but kept shooting themselves in the foot. Maryville just scored 24 points but never punted. 8 turnovers. Maryville needs to cut down on mistakes. Running backs running into each other,fumbles,dropped passes. Maryville will never beat MOWest,Powell,West,William Blount and Central with the way they turned the ball over.

You are right MLREB. I bet Maryville had close to 500 yds. I bet Maryville rushed for 350 yds tonight. Maryville ran the ball at will. Halls had 5 defensive backs all game long. On the 1st touchdown drive in the 2nd half Maryville ran the same off tackle play to Byner the whole drive. Halls never stopped it. Maryville needs Clement back. Matt Gardner needs to come back also.

George Quarles Furman

Mark Humphrey,Joe Robinette and Wayne Thompson Maryville College

David Ellis,Joe Pinkerton,Todd Collins Carson Newman

Jim Gaylor UT

Mike White didn't play college football but he played high school football at William Blount.

well, i think maryville's offense did pretty good except for the fact that we fumbled on every play. the offensive line played exceptionally well and the runningbacks were all over the place. the defense was dominant. halls offense couldnt move the ball at all against this defense, and matt valentine and jon lawhon "the headhunters" played fantastic. albert sacchet surprised me, he has definatley improved since last year, he boomed two fieldgoals and made another one that had a penalty, and kicked the next one through, he played fantastic. halls just didnt have enough to compete with maryville in this game. maryville played like crap in the first half, and the coaches were livid. coach pinkerton's ends played great, and they have impressed me as well. coach p, you're awesome, cause i know you are reading this. 24-0. the halls fans were extremely disrespectful, and continually walked by and tried to taunt the student section, ive seen more class at an alcoa game, and that is a stretch.