Camden at Mckenzie....Lets Get It ON!

runninrebs

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final--------------- Camden - 31 McKenzie - 24.

Camden has a very quick and poised team even though they are somewhat lacking in size. After tonight, they should end up in the #2 slot in Region 6 AA.

They can play with anybody in the region except most likely Huntingdon.

Hated to see my Rebels go down but, they had their chance to put it into overtime and threw an interception in the end zone with seconds to go. Our offense waited untill almost half time to show up and we got 10 quick points before halftime. Went in at the half down 17-10. by the fourth quarter it was 24-24 but, the Rebels could never get on the go ahead end of the score. We simply couldn't stop Camden's offense. The Rebel defense was somewhat more than suspect tonight. It was just plain porous against the Lion offense. The Rebels D had a few good series but, not enough to get the job done.

It was a very good game once McKenzie started playing on offense and they did do a good job of getting back in the game and making a run at the Lions. Camden showed the poise that they will need to advance in the playoffs.

Congrats to Camden for a good job and holding it together for a big win. Hopefully, the Rebels learned much tonight and can get on track for the rest of their region games. There is a lot of youth and inexperience on the field for the Rebles and hopefully tonight helped them grow up in a hurry. They are in the big time now and those younger players need to step it up a notch.

Edited by duckman38201

I told you boys I'd post at 11:00 on Friday night. I'm a few minutes late, but the Black and Gold Lions won at McKenzie 31-24. Congrats to the entire Camden team and coaching staff on a great game. The stock went up tonight in Coaches Ward, Blow, McDowell, Knott, and Wyatt. They defeated a fine Rebel team in the heart of dixie town.

Well, it's game time almost and IO'm headin' for the field. Doesn't really matter what we all think --- what matters is what happens on the field. I suspect it will be a close, tough game and I'll be pulling for the Rebels. The Rebels have developed some pride in themselves over the last few seasons and hopefully, that will be an advantage in their favor plus experience under pressure.

No matter, I expect a great game and my best to the Rebs.

No disrespect intended to Camden in this as well. I wish them the best this season also----just not tonight. Be back on here in about 3 hours or so to see what's going on!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825326269[/snapback]

No disrespect to McKenzie. You have a fine team. Enjoy your trip across the river in the playoffs. 31-24 !!! Lions Win.

Edited by @38320

both teams played real well tonight but camden wanted it more. turnovers hurt both teams especially us. we had 4 and mckenzie scored every time. camdens LB bryce wilbanks had a great game with i believe 16 tackles and the game saving INT in the endzone. josh boyd had a great game with a bunch of yards. FBs heath yoder and jesse leonard had good games too on both sides of the ball. we're gonna get better but i still think huntingdon is gonna win the region. camden will put up a good fight in week 6 though. camden will probably be 2nd in region but we cant overlook anyone. houston co. next week...GO LIONS!!!

My bad on that prediction i had...i thought Kermit would miss the 45 yard field goal. I told u exactly what would happen pretty much. expect i forgot to mention Heath Yoder who also used to live in huntingdon. Josh Boyd pretty much dominated even though not as much as i thought he would. It was a great game and both teams played their hearts out but Mckenzie just couldnt get it done in the end. Mckenzie just never could get their defense going. even win they would stop Camden it would be on a stupid play on Camdens part like a fumble or something. it was a great game though.

Great job Camden Lions!

A solid victory the Camden. CHS defense was flying to the ball & delivering big hits. I was impressed how Camden's defensive scheme caused McK to completely abandon their passing game for three offensive series. Great job coaches & defensive backs!

Kicking game was superb! Only one was returned to the 25, one at the 8, the rest thru the endzone.

McK is a good football team and is going to have a good year, but Camden had what it takes in this one. The Lions definetely have to work on hanging on to the football...seemed like we wanted to "keep it close"...

:o

I am looking forward to Camden enjoying this win (for about 12 more hours!), and then backing it with a solid season home opener against Houston County Friday night.

GO LIONS!

www.camdenlions.com

the game we have all been waiting for since last years game at camden. both teams came up victorious this past week and now have set the stage for the showdown. my rebs are pumped and ready. i just hope that camden front line is well rested because if they cant get to MR. HAYES they are in trouble!! the lions defense didnt show me much of anything at the jamboree. of course boyd looked good but the defense....well jjust not much there. the front line looked slow and not very tuff. i just hope none of them get hurt or anything this week so they can at least fight for 3rd place. because that is where they are going to be after we put them in there place friday night. mckenzie by 14. GO REBS!!!!!

825318091[/snapback]

the game we have all been waiting for since last years game at camden. both teams came up victorious this past week and now have set the stage for the showdown. my rebs are pumped and ready. i just hope that camden front line is well rested because if they cant get to MR. HAYES they are in trouble!! the lions defense didnt show me much of anything at the jamboree. of course boyd looked good but the defense....well jjust not much there. the front line looked slow and not very tuff. i just hope none of them get hurt or anything this week so they can at least fight for 3rd place. because that is where they are going to be after we put them in there place friday night. mckenzie by 14. GO REBS!!!!!

825318091[/snapback]

well none of the camden players got hurt and if it wasnt for the 3 turnovers would McKenzie have scored more than 7 points? 17 points were off turnovers. as far as the camden offence went , the only thing that stopped them were the turnovers add another 17 to 21 points and was it even as close as the score incicated? GO LIONS