whos gona win... coffee co. or cookeville?

coffeecountyredneck21

Coffee County must have just gotten the internet because the only posters are high school players that just joined within the past two weeks.  I say Coffee Co. by 2-3 touchdowns vs. Cookeville, but I'll be intelligent about it and not call anyone out.  Its not to hard to trash talk against 0 - for their history siegel.  Deja Vu from last year as we talked & got beat by 0 for their history Wilson Central.  You won't catch the Vols gloating when they beat UNLV, they'll need to beat Georgia as CC will have to beat <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=151&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Franklin Co.</a> or Lincoln Co. to gain some respect.

825323390[/snapback]

Actually, it's Charter Cable that's the problem. It only works half the time. I've spent more hours on the phone to Charter's service center in Podunk USA that had no clue as what was wrong with my cable than I care to remember. ComCast is lightyears ahead of Charter Cable. You can't post when the system is down half the time! thumb

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it's Charter Cable that's the problem. It only works half the time. I've spent more hours on the phone to Charter's service center in Podunk USA that had no clue as what was wrong with my cable than I care to remember. ComCast is lightyears ahead of Charter Cable. You can't post when the system is down half the time! thumb

825323436[/snapback]

BellSouth DSL....have not had the first problem yet and I've had it going on a year. Cheaper than Charter too.

As far as the game....I'm rootin for Coffee County but I don't think its going to be a walk in the park like some on here do. Both teams will know they've been in a football game when this ones over. But I could be wrong. I've just picked 55% right in the Big Ones this year. thumb

is there any cookeville fans even here or are they embarrassed to post?

825322824[/snapback]

I don't think there is much of a reason to post about a game which none of us will be deciding. And if you are part of the group deciding it you should not be on here and you should be focusing on what is important and that is the game. But as I said before this group form Cookeville is good and I believe they will win, make that a long ride back to Coffee County.

Guest Red raider rebellion

It should be a good game, we don't need to put the wagon in front of the mule on this one fellas.Cookeville is a good solid team. To win we will have to do a few things.....1) Catch those balls that should've have been 6 like the previous week

2) Defense has to play all game not just a half, I mean Segiel isn't

good and they were moving the ball pretty good in that first half.

3)Give the ball to a diverse group of runningbacks that way they'll be

watching NUNLEY while SIPE or LeHawkins is in for six

4)JUST WATCH NUNLEY EXPLODE!!!! which may contradict #3 but it

will take a few experiments to see whats happening.

I am leaving town Friday but my heart will be in Cookville with our boys.......

I call it .....CC 42 Cookville 17

History suggests that Cookeville will likely lose at home to Coffee County again.

What people don't realize is this. Coffee County's defense is as about as solid as it's been since Coffee County brutalized Region 4-5A in 1997 when the Red Raiders finished second only behind Riverdale.

Coffee's defense looks far better than last year's and really that to me is the most important aspect of football. Teams with defense usually win it all. In the college ranks and the Sun Belt Conference North Texas is known for their defense. They have won that conference every year of it's existence because of superior D.

Why does the Baltimore Ravens have as much success as they do? Because of superior defense.

In all fairness, Cavaliers, I don't think Siegel can be declared a legitimate litmus test to determine whether or not Coffee County is just that good, but then again, neither can White County who already looks down from last year.

When it all comes down to it, it will be who runs the best scheme and at the appropriate moments. But that's how the game is played.

Someone predicted Coffee Co. to win 42-17. To me, that sounds about right.

Coffee's offense will put up alot of points on Cookeville's defense. Cookeville must hope that their offense can keep up with Coffee's.

Edited by SemperFiBlue

"Someone predicted Coffee Co. to win 42-17. To me, that sounds about right.

Coffee's offense will put up alot of points on Cookeville's defense. Cookeville must hope that their offense can keep up with Coffee's."

As George Plaster would say, 'book it', the game will not be that lopsided. I do think it will be somewhat high scoring because I think Coffee will be able to score on Cookeville and Cookeville should take advantage of the aggressive defense Coffee plays. Seeing Ledford throw the ball 18 times last week scares me a little. I expect the Cavs to test the Raider secondary early. The Big Ones contest has people picking Cookeville over Coffee County 52%-48%. Basically, what that means is it is too close to call. The Tennessean picked Coffee County over Cookeville 23-21, which scares me because I am not sure if they got a game right last week. I think it comes down to which team makes the right adjustments at halftime. I will go with Coffee 35-28.

I believe that if Cookeville is to win this game, it will be with their offense going through the air. Coffee's secondary has looked vulnerable every contest including scrimmages since last year. They have some good atheletes in that secondary and it is made up of mostly guys who were there last year. They just better be focused for this game and if they play solid, Coffee Co. will win no problem.