South Fulton

iamasportsstar

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, first of all, SF plays Greenfield and Gleason b/c they are in SF's region. SF plays Fulton City b/c the two schools are literally a rock's throw from each other. It's not SF's fault that Gleason and Lake County are down, that Fulton has barely over 100 students and is the smallest football-playing school in that haven of football (sarcasm) known as the Bluegrass, or that Greenfield is sort of an up-and-down program. .... Class 1A programs have this catch-22 problem: Not too many of the upper classes (and they're all upper classes when you're 1A) want to play a moderately successful 1A school b/c they want good competition, too, or b/c they don't want to risk the embarrassment of losing to a 1A team, and higher-profile 1A programs won't play them b/c they are getting the games with teams in the upper classes. ..... This year, SF has three Ky teams on its schedule: Fulton City, Fulton County and Ballard Memorial. That's what a program like SF has to do to get games. Too bad the upper-crust teams of 7-1A (USJ and JCS) won't play SF in the regular season. Too bad that Gibson Co. and Dyer Co. are fearful of an embarrassing loss (even though I don't know how GC's long-suffering program could get embarrassed anymore). As West Tenn. Class 1A gets stronger, so too will SF's schedule.

825327935[/snapback]

War ... exactly my point. LC won't be down forever, and I think the program will be on the rise very very soon. I hope so, anyway. I always liked watching those good LC teams of the past. ..... Now, monster, you're probably right about a USJ-SF game right now. And, I believe USJ has handled SF pretty good in every one of their previous playoff games. Which also makes my point. Why would a USJ play SF and risk an upset when they are one of those 1A schools getting the offers to play 2A and 3A teams. It makes sense for USJ to not play SF. ..... Gleason? They haven't beaten much of anyone lately, but I think that program is slowly but surely getting better. Which makes my other point: As teams in West Tenn Class 1A get better, then SF's schedule will get better.

LC is really down this year.

825329590[/snapback]

Lake County lost to the team picked to win the Region by 1 point...doesn't sound like they're down to me. They stumbled in Week 0 with TCA, but rebounded Friday night with a good effort against West Carroll.

glsn5, they tell me that the Bulldogs have improved a good deal. They played South Fulton in a very tough game this past Friday night.

I think LC & Gleason may be two of the most improved teams in the Region.

We'll see.

Anyway, thanks sportsradiotn, Friday night's game was definitely winnable for Gleason. That touchdown Vinson made to take the lead was just too much for 'em. He is one of the quickest kids I've seen. He deserves all the credit he gets. Noah has done an awesome job with the Dawgs. It'll take time, but I think he's slowly turning the program around.

Do you think SF has any chance under the sun against Dresden?

Don't be down grading SF cause of some of the teams they play okay you can but in years past Ballard(ky) had a pretty darn good team and FUlton is about like the ocean it has its highs and lows, MAJOR rivalry. BLAH I just feel bad because of the hand they have been dealt. Not there problem if the teams are down this year :angry: .... oh well the cheering and crying ciontinues........but not on the radio :D

A quick side note on the new stadium: It is coming along nicely. I've driven by it several times in recent weeks and it's shaping up to be a nice 1A stadium. Also, they WILL be getting a track, too. So, that's a good thing. The last game in the old stadium will be homecoming, and SF will play twice (I think) in the new one this year. But, the official Opening Night will be held next year, to give the school administration time to plan a really big event. That will also allow all the little odds and ends to be fixed up and looking good for a celebration.