Union City Football

rebfan65

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember A Union City program known for just running over people, for a while there i got used to seeing them in the playoffs. this program has produced Mr. Football finalists year after year, i just realized there last winning season was 2002. has the UC program lost its edge?

Congrats to Union City for their win tonite

I think this could be a start for new beginning

Union City faces a good Jackson North Side team next week, I would like to see Union City go in to the BIG GAME against Milan September 17th.

That Will Be a game to watch!

Edited by dc38257

No Black Knights......

And by the way..I don't imagine OC will have much trouble with UC come Sept.24...Just like they haven't  had the last two years....27-7 and 33-8 and this year could be more...The days of UC dominating this series are over....Now it will become a rivalry again.....Happy Homecoming!!!

But on the bright side,you guys will be able to beat up on another county neighbor...South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Fulton</a>...

825325450[/snapback]

you're exactly right...at least about the happy homecoming part. OC couldnt beat UC even if they could run veer right. since they cant run veer they wont know what to do at halftime when uc is up by 3 or 4 touchdowns.

OK, a few things here:

1. While UC is, indeed, 3-11 in its last 14 games, one-and-a-half seasons does not rain on the previous 20 years or the 100-plus year history of the program. I agree with the post about the coaching staff. They are young and inexperienced right now, and the staff has had a lot of turnover in recent years. Perhaps the biggest loss, equal to that of Randy Barnes retiring, was when Barry Duncan decided to move into administration. He was considered one of the best line coaches in the state. ... It will take time, but this program will be OK. We're not headed back to the days of the 1960s, when UC had, I think, nine losing seasons and suffered a mass player quitting in the latter part of that decade.

2. About the OC rival, since this post was started by an OC fan, he should have realized the series history would be posted. Gotta take the good with the bad. If we have to live with three losses in the last four years, then you have to live with the 35 losses in the previous 40 years.

3. To the post that used the word "non-sense": Other posts lead me to believe that you work at a local radio station. Adult-to-Adult and Student-to-Student trash talk is one thing. Adult-to-Student trash talk is kinda small. Glad you're a Redbirds fan, though. :o

4. About the cheerleader: Yes, a cheerleader fell doing a pyramid stunt. It was pretty scary for awhile as she was air-lifted to Memphis and there was fear of spinal damage. She's back home now, and the prognosis is good. Don't expect anything other than "Go UC, Go!" from the UC cheer squad for a long time, though. Cheerleaders are, in fact, athletes, and you either have to fully commit to the Westview-stlye of big-time cheering or not. You can't do it halfway.

5. I'm wondering if "dc38257" is a Dyer County fan. It should be pointed out that many years ago, coaches in West Tennessee dubbed Dyer County as the "Dodgers" b/c they avoided playing big-name schools and even opted to not compete for district titles (as it was back then) in favor of schedules loaded with the Gleasons of the world. It was schools like DC, in fact, that led to the TSSAA passing the compete-in-all-or-none rule several years ago.

6. About UC girls' athletics: Yes, there is a good collection of female athletes in the school, but there doesn't seem to be a full commitment to girls' athletics by the administration. I understand the girls' basketball team could not participate in a late-summer camp b/c it would have interfered with band camp. That's a shame. These girls should be given a real chance to compete.

7. Overall, UC's coaches and athletes should be held in amazement at what they have been able to accomplish, considering the school system's opposition to a practice period and the embarrassingly low supplements the coaches receive. At other schools, losing seasons in all sports would be expected. You'll notice there aren't many other "Whatever happened to..." topics on coachT.

Finally, the UC program is down, but not out. Maybe this current coaching staff is the answer, maybe not. Maybe Class 1A is the answer, maybe not. Time will tell, not 14 games.

Well, you should be proud. Better than being from Dyer County. :ph34r: .... Just a little fun. Nothing personal, all you DCians Jeez! :D .... As far as a new coach and the support staff: When Fishel moved up, only a handful of people had applied for the job. Apparently, the practice period and supplement issues carried more weight than the school's tradition. If they don't correct those issues, then the Director of Schools might be the next coach. Maybe then they'll see what all the fuss is about. The support at UC is kinda funny. UC is one of those towns that is run by a certain group of people, and if they don't come up with an idea, they're not too willing to support it. ... That said, alot of those people, especially the old-timers, won't just sit back and let the program go to pot.

you're exactly right...at least about the happy homecoming part.  OC couldnt beat UC even if they could run veer right.  since they cant run veer they wont know what to do at halftime when uc is up by 3 or 4 touchdowns.

825327581[/snapback]

Your offense averages 200 yards a game yet you wanna talk about ours.Even with all the fumbles we still got that much agaisnt McKenzie.You don't even get that much when ya'll hold on to the ball.We'll see in 20 days. :D

A lot of Union City players get on Coach T just to learn where they stand in the eyes of the public. Come Sept. 24, Union City will be FAR beyond tired of hearing all the criticism and the "What Happened to Union City" comments. These comments will just drive Union City straight through OC and the division into the playoffs. This is a very young, yet sneaky team who might pull up some upsets in their division and into the playoffs. So, be my guest, help us out and respond.