Chattanooga Central vs. East Ridge

football_guru

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chattanooga Central beat a Warren County team that will be lucky to win 2 games this season. Woods won't come anywhere near the 260 yards he had last week against East Ridge this week. I think this game will be a low scoring game because of Chattanooga Centrals futility on offense, and also their excellent defense that can shut down the East Ridge passing attack.

In this game I will take Chattanooga Central but dont quote me on that. East Ridge could very possibly take this game.

Chattanooga Central beat a Warren County team that will be lucky to win 2 games this season. Woods won't come anywhere near the 260 yards he had last week against East Ridge this week.  I think this game will be a low scoring game because of Chattanooga Centrals futility on offense, and also their excellent defense that can shut down the East Ridge passing attack.

In this game I will take Chattanooga Central but dont quote me on that. East Ridge could very possibly take this game.

825320613[/snapback]

Why does their offense struggle so much? Is it inexperience? or coaching/playcalling? What is it? They have the athletes, and that quarterback seems to be decent enough not to lose a game for them. Maybe they'll grow as the season goes along. Good test this week though.

the main reason their offense struggles so much is inexperience. not only did they lose the athletic talent from last year they lost players that had been starting for 3 years and in some cases 4 years. then there is the fact that even though these replacements are talented, they just are not as good as the players they are being forced to replace. i dont think the coaches or anyone for that matter realised how much of a drop-off it was this season.

I think Chattanooga Central should win based on what I saw of East Ridge at Ooltewah last week. East Ridge simply just didn't have many athletes. They had some good linebackers and #1 and #14 seemed to make some plays, but as a whole team, they are just not very good. It makes me wonder how they beat Bradley as bad as they did. I know Bradley is not any good, but still they are in 5A. That didn't seem to matter though for the bears.

Why does their offense struggle so much? Is it inexperience? or coaching/playcalling? What is it? They have the athletes, and that quarterback seems to be decent enough not to lose a game for them. Maybe they'll grow as the season goes along. Good test this week though.

825320666[/snapback]

I think you could say all of the above. Inexperience at the skill positions definitely shows, i.e., averaging 5 turnovers/ game. Also, I fail to understand the romance with the shotgun formation spread offense. If we were running the West coast O & throwing 30-35 times a game, I could see it, but 3 out of 4 plays from it will be an inside handoff & any pass out of it will be a fly pattern. Way too predictable. I think they will mature & start to iron out the mistakes. Our biggest problems have been way too many turnovers & way too many penalties.

Football guru.. It is simple, they sturggle on offense due to execution. I think that Central's very talented, athleticly, yet they seem like they can't all get on the same page. The QB and recievers seem to always be running different routes or throwing the ball where it isn't suppost to be. Just simple little things that could take them from playoff bound to maybe below .500. I think personally that East Ridge will win this game. I was impressed with East Ridge last week. I think they will hold Woods to a minimuim on the ground and their DB's are good enough to cover the deep ball. I think that Central has the talent to win the game, but not everything else it takes to win a football game.

East Ridge- 20

Central- 12

thumb

I Disagree and disagree FIRMLY with alot of yall..Chatt Central is getting there act together...Brent Hayes is coming out of his shell from his last game against TYNER last year when he hurt his knee. Me and brent personally went to the bradley/east ridge game...east ridge likes to run the ball and thats something there not gonna do against central. And for the offense of the puds...Mookie is gettin in the rythum..East ridge better be ready for the puds...

Chatt central 34

East Ridge 14

Based on what I know of both these teams, East Ridge should win. Central is horrible, they couldn't even blow out a weak Warren Co. team. East Ridge by 13.

825320814[/snapback]

BenHasRisen is smoking crack. Central actually did blow out Warren Co. even if the score did not show it. They had two TD's called back on ludicrous penalties and also had 4 turnovers in which they lost every one of them wich halted scoring drives. Yes Central's offense is struggling right now, i have seen improvement from their game 1 to game 2. John Cornett is starting to hit his recievers more and start to run more ala Joe Despuax did last year. Robert Woods is starting to come into his own has one of the better runners in the city but needs to work on his ball security. Brent Hayes is starting to come out of his shell and start dominating again. I think ER has some talented players but Central has too much team speed.

Central 20

East ridge 13

I Disagree and disagree FIRMLY with alot of yall..Chatt Central is getting there act together...Brent Hayes is coming out of his shell from his last game against TYNER last year when he hurt his knee. Me and brent personally went to the bradley/east ridge game...east ridge likes to run the ball and thats something there not gonna do against central. And for the offense of the puds...Mookie is gettin in the rythum..East ridge better be ready for the puds...

Chatt central  34

East Ridge    14

825321205[/snapback]

If Hayes slows his attack down a little and doesn't try to KILL everyone, then he won't overshoot his tackles...then East Ridge's offense will struggle.

BenHasRisen is smoking crack.  Central actually did blow out Warren Co. even if the score did not show it.  They had two TD's called back on ludicrous penalties and also had 4 turnovers in which they lost every one of them wich halted scoring drives.  Yes Central's offense is struggling right now, i have seen improvement from their game 1 to game 2.  John Cornett is starting to hit his recievers more and start to run more ala Joe Despuax did last year.  Robert Woods is starting to come into his own has one of the better runners in the city but needs to work on his ball security.  Brent Hayes is starting to come out of his shell and start dominating again.  I think ER has some talented players but Central has too much team speed. 

Central 20

East ridge 13

825321248[/snapback]

If "Ifs" and "buts" were fruits and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas! :blink:

East Ridge is much better than Warren County. They will beat you if you make the kind of mistakes you have made in your first two games. :P