LUNSFORD

doesitmatterwhoiam

In my opinion,a few of this years kids was the main reason he left. They did'nt have the heart and discipline to do what he expected, he's doing just fine,they are not doing so great. You can't coach kids who don't want coached. I hate it for some of the kids ,but most of them are getting what they deserve.

Pujo, this is one of the cruelest statements I have ever read. I can'yt believe an adult would talk this way. That is one of the lowest comments I have ever heard directed at children. All kids (and you forget, they are kids) deserve the best that anyone can give them. Also, anyone can coach talent. These kids would have tested his ability. Maybe more time last year should have been spent working with this years players than the developed seniors. When a coach builds a team and leaves, you see the effects for the next three years. This years Cloudland team is a team that ML built, They just have someone else at the helm. Talent makes a good coach look great. I think ML is a good coach. Avery had solid players in place this year. Any good coach could win with them. Next year will be more of a test for this new Avery coaching staff.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Old 44, I think you are the one with the cruel statement,you steted that these kids have no talent, I, on the other hand think they have just as much natural talent as several of the teams we have had in the past. I,ll put it to you like this,do you think kids who give no effort in the classroom deserves A's.

Pujo,

Here is a good word of advice for you. If you can't say something good about someone, don't say nothing at all.

Cloudland has some great kids. Not everyone can be a Mark Byrd, but I am sure that these kids give their all.

I wish Cloudland, Elizabethton, Happy Valley, Unaka and Hampton the best. We all need to support our county teams and wish them much success. As for the Cloudland kids, keep your heads up, things will get better.

A man has never failed unless he has tried. And these kids from Clouldland are trying their hardest.

Starman, here is some good advise for you, don,t open your piehole unless you know what you are talking about. I went to the school last year after the season was over to talk to the kids about hitting the weights. I asked them how many could not make it,three boy's said they could'nt. I went to the weightroom for three weeks. We had about six kids, Mike resigned and I gave up. These kids did'nt work and now they are paying for it. We have a few real good kids who deserve the best ,but unfortuneately in football,it takes a whole team.

Starman, here is some good advise for you, don,t open your piehole unless you know what you are talking about.  I went to the school last year after the season was over to talk to the kids about hitting the weights. I asked them how many could not make it,three boy's said they could'nt. I went to the weightroom for three weeks. We had about six kids, Mike resigned and I gave up. These kids did'nt work and now they are paying for it. We have a few real good kids who deserve the best ,but unfortuneately in football,it takes a whole team.

825321773[/snapback]

This board is not about bashing kids, nor is it about bashing coaches. I don't care if you lived at the school, it still gives you no right to talk about these kids. Maybe their work ethics are not as good as past teams but their still "KIDS." No, they're not getting what they deserve. "The deserve good mentors, people who encourage them, give them a kind work etc... Mike was a great coach, but now he's move on. As for you, I'll practice what I preach, and not say nothing at all.

Edited by starman

Pujo, don't waste your time. These people don't understand. I wish the best for Mike's kids. They are hard working kids with good attitudes and Little Jerry will be the same way. People, there is a such thing as tough love. People like you all are the reason kids are riding skateboards with hair that looks like it hasn't been washed in months. You have to have discipline as well as encouragement to have success. To be winners, you have to pay the price. Some are more willing than others. This years' team is very talented, but they are weak in the line due to lack of work. Its to late now. They will pay the price with more L's than W's.