Overtime Rules

TheBoredGuy

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a coin toss. The winner of the coin toss gets to decide whether to go on offense or defense first, or what end of the field to play on... obviously, you're most likely going to chose to go on defense. This is because it works just like in college, except the ball is placed at the opponent's 10 yard line instead of the 25. Both teams get one possesion.

Let's take an example... Team A vs Team F (:o)... the score is 21-21.

Team F wins the toss and elects to go on defense. They hold Team A to a field goal. Team F's offense scores a touchdown, ball game over, Team F wins.

I think the 10 yard line is too close for overtime. If you are going to have this rule for OT at least put the ball on the 20. This way it gives a little more defensive battle and add excitment to the game. A 27 yard field goal is a chip shot in H.S., but from 37 is a little more difficult at the H.S. level. Just wondering what other players, coaches, and fans think about this overtime rule.

;)

I think the 10 yard line is too close for overtime. If you are going to have this rule for OT at least put the ball on the 20. This way it gives a little more defensive battle and add excitment to the game. A 27 yard field goal is a chip shot in H.S., but from 37 is a little more difficult at the H.S. level. Just wondering what other players, coaches, and fans think about this overtime rule.

I agree. Move it back to the 20!

;)

I agree if you have the opportunity for a first down.....I would rather see them score than go on and on without scoring....I don't care what you say..when those college games go 5,6,7or 8 OT's and score every time they get the ball,those games are gut-wrenching..EX.Tennessee-Arkansas and Tennessee-Alabama...