Best Freshman Golfer

bibbdawg25

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hottbobb
I don't know of any male golfers but Kristen Price from Jefferson County is probably the best female freshman golfer in the state.

825338562[/snapback]

On any given day, that could be, I have known Kristen since she was 9 years old and she has a tremendous short game. But let us not leave out a player like Brooke Pancake. I would rather judge the statewide freshman girl golfers by putting them into a scramble. My freshmen would be Kristen, Brooke, Hannah Weathersby and Ballie Johnson. But would they be able to beat the sophomore team headed up by Ashley Lance, Callie Nielson, Erika Thornton and Jillian Brodd. Not to be left out as a junior team, Sara Hunt, Sara Grantham, Kellye Belcher and Staci Lynch. Which leaves only the 8th grade team, Stephannie Smith, Leigh Henderson, Patricia Massick and a player to be announced. All of these girls have play each other, and they have all won and they have all been beaten. So, in my openion, on any given day any one of these girls could be the best prep golfer in the state of Tennessee. I purposely left off the seniors because the colleges will decide that.

Edited by hottbobb

Guest hottbobb
Clarksville Rossview H.S. Drew Miller is Top 3 in the state without a doubt. I dont think anyone who has seen him or played with him will argue that.

825327529[/snapback]

Yes, he is third, check first and second. He gets awful nervous in a pinch, and I know the two boys who can pinch him!

HOTBOB-You must have something againist Clarksville golf. I mean three of the state's best players are from the city of Clarksville. Drew Miller will continue to be one of the state's best golfers for the next three years. I'm not sure who the 2 ahead of him are but I'll be willing to bet that he catches them or makes a good run for the top spot by the time he is a SR. So lay off.

Guest hottbobb
HOTBOB-You must have something againist Clarksville golf. I mean three of the state's best players are from the city of Clarksville. Drew Miller will continue to be one of the state's best golfers for the next three years. I'm not sure who the 2 ahead of him are but I'll be willing to bet that he catches them or makes a good run for the top spot by the time he is a SR. So lay off.

825404367[/snapback]

Bob Says,

I have been watching Drewy Miller play golf since he was 8 or 9 years old. He has a great short game and recently he has been doing a great job of knocking the ball out there. I have no disrespect for the great players in Clarksville, they have been consistantly good players through Jr. golf tours, regional competions, schooldays etc. But it is true that Joe David and Jason Millard have given Drew all he wanted since he started playing. If you had a foursom of David, Millard, Belote and Miller, and it lasted for 3 days, do you still think that Drew would win? I wish Drew nothing but the best, but lets not beat the Clarksville drum so hard that we break the sticks. (By the way, have you heard of Andrew Glassel?)

Bob

Yes-I know Andrew and there are several other golfers that play really well in JR golf and other state events. I'm not breaking any sticks here. The City of Clarksville has produced some of the best golfers state wide for a long time. I mean the JR Golf program here is incredible. Obviously having a sold country club along with some very good public courses don't hurt. But lets be realistic here, you can break Miller down as much as you wont but he is still one of the best golfers in the state right now at his age(Top 3, NO DOUBT) and will have a chance to be the best when he is a SR. Even if he doesnt be the top player if he continues to work hard and progress he will be playing college golf..Thats just the bottom line.

Also I'm obviously from Clarksville but I mean Clarksville has shown up on the GOLF scene year in and out.

On any given day, that could be, I have known Kristen since she was 9 years old and she has a tremendous short game.  But let us not leave out a player like Brooke Pancake.  I would rather judge the statewide freshman girl golfers by putting them into a scramble.  My freshmen would be Kristen, Brooke, Hannah Weathersby and Ballie Johnson.  But would they be able to beat the sophomore team headed up by Ashley Lance, Callie Nielson, Erika Thornton and Jillian Brodd.  Not to be left out as a junior team, Sara Hunt, Sara Grantham, Kellye Belcher and Staci Lynch.  Which leaves only the 8th grade team, Stephannie Smith, Leigh Henderson, Patricia Massick and a player to be announced.  All of these girls have play each other, and they have all won and they have all been beaten.  So, in my openion, on any given day any one of these girls could be the best prep golfer in the state of Tennessee.  I purposely left off the seniors because the colleges will decide that.

825403253[/snapback]