Smith County 12 - Livingston Academy 7

Antwan

I'll take the Smith Co. coaching staff after halftime anytime. What adjustments they made to shut down LA in the second half! Our defensive discipline shined tonight. 161 yards for LA in the 1st half, <40 in the second. Need I say more. Way to shut em' down. I think Coach M. made the concession," If they want to run it, then we'll run it too." And run it we did. Dyer and Wilmore got some tough, tough yardage to seal it. Good game Owls. Still not up to your potential, but hey, it's week 2.

All streaks come to an end, LA. I, for one, think you are a very talented team. Do certain things better in certain situations and you could be very good. LA finally has an offensive plan thats suited for their personel. I wasn't impressed by anyone individually. I think there's a chance these two teams may get to "scrimmage" again. Hope the drive home was safe and you guys played hard.

Go Owls.

BTW, We're cooking the crow in black pepper...............makes it so much better!

COME AND GET IT ! thumb

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like some hard nosed, smash mouth football and you missed this game.....Man OH Man.....You missed a Great Game.

First of all....I am proud of every kid that stepped on that field tonight....both teams!!!! That's what High School Football is all about. All you can ask for as a coach or a fan is that all 11 players on the field go all out on every snap of the football.

LA...keep your heads up and keep working hard...cut down on some mistakes and you could finish 9-1!!

SC...all I can say is, "HOW BOUT THEM OWLS!!!"

Right here Twan,Big Blue Train got a little off track,got any crow left? :blink:  :lol:

825326764[/snapback]

Ah muffie...I'll cut you some slack. LA is a very good team. It was a headknocker on both sides of the ball. Wilmore was the difference. I would like to know how many yards he had after the 1st contact. He hit Colson on the 1st drive. Colson had a full head of steam and tried to run over him. I think that hit took a little out of Colson. He bent over after every play for several plays after that. To his credit he kept running hard. He, Cates, and Vaughn are tough. Both teams cramped up a lot in the 2nd half. Very few players didn't. Both teams left it on the field. It was a great 4-3a game. I am sure the 1st of many.

Edited by Antwan

Ah muffie...I'll cut you some slack.  LA is a very good team.  It was a headknocker on both sides of the ball.  Wilmore was the difference.  I would like to know how many yards he had after the 1st contact.  He hit Colson on the 1st drive.  Colson had a full head of steam and tried to run over him.  I think that hit took a little out of Colson.  He bent over after every play for several plays after that.  To his credit he kept running hard.  He,  Cates,  and Vaughn are tough.  Both teams cramped up a lot in the 2nd half.  Very few players didn't.  Both teams left it on the field.  It was a great 4-3a game.  I am sure the 1st of many.

825326783[/snapback]

was at the game man was it smash mouth the drive LA scored i did see colson flatten wilmore no doubt my own two eyes watch film if ya don't belive it.........i was on the livingston side word was colson had been sick all day and he was still sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT sick or not LA lost :lol::blink: and they will probally beat macon but for trousdale no portland HECK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i said it once and i'll say it again good teams hurt la early on........size too boy that d-line was not that huge and very undisiplined................02 the spanking behind the wood shed went badly...............but all knockin to the side great game to both teams and LA could have won but didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO PEETOWN!!!!!!!!

i was on the livingston side word was colson had been sick all day and he was still sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  BUT sick or not LA lost

825326810[/snapback]

:lol: ....he jus looked a lil winded to me. seems we were better conditioned. good player though. i think wilmore made a statement tonight though. there is no doubt in my mind who the best back in 4-3A is. :blink:

was at the game man was it smash mouth the drive LA scored i did see colson flatten wilmore no doubt my own two eyes watch film if ya don't belive it.........i was on the livingston side word was colson had been sick all day and he was still sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  BUT sick or not LA lost :blink:  :lol: and they will probally beat macon but for trousdale no portland HECK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i said it once and i'll say it again good teams hurt la early on........size too boy that d-line was not that huge and very undisiplined................02 the spanking behind the wood shed went badly...............but all knockin to the side great game to both teams and LA could have won but didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  GO PEETOWN!!!!!!!!

825326810[/snapback]

Yeah...everybody gets run over sometimes. He didn't run over anybody in the 2nd half when it counted. I saw him on his back a couple of times too. LA had less than 40 yards in the 2nd half. I guess Colson was sick then...right. Let the excuses begin.

was at the game man was it smash mouth the drive LA scored i did see colson flatten wilmore no doubt my own two eyes watch film if ya don't belive it.........i was on the livingston side word was colson had been sick all day and he was still sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  BUT sick or not LA lost :blink:  :lol: and they will probally beat macon but for trousdale no portland HECK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i said it once and i'll say it again good teams hurt la early on........size too boy that d-line was not that huge and very undisiplined................02 the spanking behind the wood shed went badly...............but all knockin to the side great game to both teams and LA could have won but didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  GO PEETOWN!!!!!!!!

825326810[/snapback]

I don't know...LA has a good chance to beat Trousdale and Portland if they cut down on the mistakes. We'll see soon enough.