CPA Rolls

divepix

CPA 34 - Murphy, NC 7.

Murphy is the alma mater of Carl Pickens and has won 5 state championships in their division in NC since 1985, but they are not a very good team this year and CPA had no trouble putting the game away early.

CPA led 20-0 in the first quarter, 27-0 at half, and 34-0 before the 2nd team came in mid 3rd quarter and allowed a Murphy score. CPA's freshmen and sophomores played the last 1 1/2 quarters.

Travis Sikes had 3 receiving TD's and well over 100 yds receiving, Luke Landers had his usual great game turning no gains into highlight films (including an 80 yard punt return where he was it by 3 players as soon as he caught the ball and somehow kept his feet and broke loose), and Josh Pollock threw some perfect strikes to his receivers and had 4TD passes.

The CPA defense gave up virtually nothing led by Brandon Fisher and Alex House.

Next week - bye; then Region play starting with NCS.

Watch out, Region 5 - CPA is for real.

Edited by divepix

it was 27-0 at the end of the first quarter. pollock came out in the second quarter. landers's punt return was 94 yards. and cpa dominated murphy.

825328437[/snapback]

Thanks for the corrections, but all I try to do is give a quick report ASAP after the game. I don't do "official stats". I do my best to remember the key points of the game. At my age, I'm lucky to remember finding my way back home. <_<

By the way, Pollock only came out in the 2nd quarter because CPA sometimes plays Sikes at QB as part of their offensive scheme. Pollock did come back in the game and played some in the 2nd half.