CHS beats Ravenwood! Next up is Pearl Cohn

CHScub05

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This comment is directed to bdd and all the rest of those centennial haters who predicted a Ravenwood win, NOT. This game wasn't even close. Centennial came out in the first half with sluggish defense but made adjustments at halftime and shut, excuse me I mean SHUT down ravenwood's quote unquote passing attack. The only time they moved the ball was on quarterback scramble, fluke pass 1st downs, and let me reiterate all of this in the 1st half. The score was two plays away from being 37-6. All yeah Bdd your coaching strategy didn't help. Put 8 in the box, stop still and beat the cougars. It didn't work- Steele 3 TD's and the win. Ravenwood a has been. Roll cougars! Mac gamer via chsboys98

haha, i love it when stupid comments get called out.

And didn't Bdd say 10 in the box?

That IS what Franklin has done for the last two years, and though I am a HUGE Centennial fan, I have to say that 10 in the box with even a decent defense will shut them down.

The 21st Century is here, and high school football in tennessee has seen an evolution of the quarterback; its called throwing the football well. I promise you that it will catch up to Centennial, and I'll hate the day it does.

hey dont know if you payed attention or not but Centennial was 5 for 5 with 76 yards............ throwing the football well........ how can you do better than 5-5 unless your talking about attempts, but you said throwing the ball well which would imply that you think they didn't......???

825327386[/snapback]

Centennial's passing efficiency makes me wonder why they don't throw the ball more often. Sure the Cougars have some great running backs, but they will be twenty times more effective if CHS can also establish the pass as a legitimate weapon.

Despite all the overblown rhetoric, I think people have to give Centennial their due at this point. Every "expert" on this board thinks they know how to stop them, but so far, good football coaches that spend a whole week or more trying to come up with the perfect "scheme" find out that it's athletes, not schemes, that usually win games.

A very good, physical o-line, and two quality running backs make CHS a threat against a lot of teams. I'll reiterate my earlier prediction...the Cougars beat both Brentwood and Franklin this year, and win the region.