McMinn Co. @ Cleveland(9/10/04)

clevelandblueraiderfan

Mark my words, Stansell will start at safety.  And for those of you who obviously know nothing about McMinn football, our safeties do not just roam.  They are very much a part of our run defense.

Devon Johnson had success on a couple of runs (no completed passes) friday nite b/c the owls had their 2nd string in the game.  As talented as he is, he would not have continued having success if he had to do it the whole game and against the owls starters.  He doesn't play much b/c from what I am told he goofs off in practice.  Apparently he thinks he is the next big star but hasn't done anything to warrant PT except be athletic.

825332973[/snapback]

I just heard from a reliable source, a player, that he isn't starting at safety this weekend, and like stated before, even if it was against 2nd stringers, he got a lot more production than Carr did all game

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you think Devon deserves anything? He got some PT against Cumberland Co. and dropped a TD and lined up incorrectly all night long. And besides, like I said before, if he practices the way that I've heard he does, I wouldn't play him either. He needs to realize this isn't little league anymore. If he wants PT he has to earn it on the practice field.

If Johnson were to quit he could not play next year @ another school unless his parents actually moved. I don't believe this will happen, he is a good young football player but he must learn the system before the coaching staff will turn him loose. I believe you will see him on the field alot more this week, and hopefully the Cherokee Nation will come together and support our football team and coaching staff. GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cleveland will win that game, with the Raiders win last week agaisnt Hixson they are still pumped up and they know what they have to do to win. Preston Scoggins will step up again and again throughout the entire season and he will make sure his offense continues to score touchdowns. He is a excellent QB and probally is one of the best in the state. Go Raiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Here goes someone else claiming that they have the best player in a certain position in the state. Let me ask you have you actually seen all of the QB's @ every school in this state play? NO... Yes you might have a good high school football player as your QB but please don't say he is one of the beat in the state, that term is used so loosley it makes he want to hurl.

Cleveland always has a good football team and has many good athletes and that has been the same for many years and will continue for many years to come. But this ball game has also been very close down through the years and will in my humble opinion be a close game Friday night. Like I said earlier I like the cherokees 17-14. They need a WIN this week and will playing with a sense of purpose and will prove that they are a better football team than they showed last week againist Ooltewah. GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!