McMinn Co. @ Cleveland(9/10/04)

clevelandblueraiderfan

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the deal last week with Stansell, Holland & Moore out of the game our defensive unit was challanged and did NOT respond, I do not believe those 3 could have made a 33 point difference but I do believe the game could have been closer.

Now for this week I do believe you will see McMinn pass the ball more but not from the pocket, I believe Carr will be doing alot of his passing from rolling out of the pocket and throwing on the run mostly short stuff that should be easy to complete and should build some confidence for the young QB. Cleveland is another typical Cleveland team with alot of team speed and very athletic, I see this being a somewhat low scoring game something like 17-14. I just hope McMinn is on the 17 point end of the score board or this could quickly turn into a ugly season, with teams such as Soddy Daisy, Farragut and Oak Ridge remaining on our schedule the mission is clearly in front of us. GO TRIBE!!!

I don't believe this will be the case if anybody other than Carr plays @ QB I believe it should be Johnson the freshman. Moody is a good passer and stronger runner but is not as mobile as Carr and thus does not give us another threat to run the ball. I believe if Carr struggles again this week the coaching staff will take a serious look @ Johnson becuase he brings a threat to that position to either pass or run. I have confidense in coach Daugherty that he will make the correct decision. It all comes down to the O line they must give the QB some time to make things happen either passing or running, and things do not get any easier against a team with the athletic ability like Cleveland. GO TRIBE!!!!