"Grad's Greatest"

GradfromtheNest

...."Grad's Greatests"....After Week 2....

TW/LW. Team Name

1/1. LFO

2/2. Soddy Daisy

3/3. Ooltewah

4/4. McCallie

5/6. Baylor

6/5. Boyd Buc

7/8. Tyner

8/NR. Cleveland

9/7. Hixson

10/10. East Ridge

And I know some of "your" teams are missing, but I do not consider McMinn County in the Chattanooga Area. I almost don't think Cleveland is. And I'm going to hear it that LFO isn't in TN, but they are closer to downtown Chattanooga than Ooltewah or Soddy are, so don't even argue that one!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what school is LFO?

825330662[/snapback]

LFO = is Lakeview Fort Oglethorpe, GA

I really find it hard to believe that people don't consider McMinn Co., Bradley Co.- Cleveland or the Sequatchie Valley schools as being in the Chattanooga area when they border Hamilton County and are covered by the tv & newspapers yet will consider a school thats in a diffrent state and don't play in the TSSAA! :lol:

Edited by Sequatchie

yes I think Dunlap is in the middle of nowhere... why? you might ask... because I have never heard of it before and yet for some reason you want to say it is in the Chattanooga Area... This is madness... maybe you should make a "middle of nowhere" poll and get all the teams that are in places that dont have a city to attach themselves to!

If you've never heard of it before, you should open your eyes. Population and average income increasing each year, hundreds of nice homes being built, test scores consistently much better than Hamilton County schools, and just lots of good people. They have no problem supplying school resource officers or running buses, and they have middle schools sports in football, boys and girls basketball, baseball and softball. And you must care, since you brought up "being in the middle of nowhere." Anything in the television coverage area should be thought of as "the area" but North Georgia teams can't really be judged because they play their own set of opponents, themselves. I don't think you can judge LFO by one game, if so you need to look at any N Georgia team that plays them as close as McCallie did and put them above Ooltewah. BTW what does Ooltewah have to offer as a city besides proximity to Chattanooga and Hamilton Place?

Edited by Indian

If you've never heard of it before, you should open your eyes. Population and average income increasing each year, hundreds of nice homes being built, test scores consistently much better than Hamilton County schools, and just lots of good people. They have no problem supplying school resource officers or running buses, and they have middle schools sports in football, boys and girls basketball, baseball and softball. And you must care, since you brought up "being in the middle of nowhere." Anything in the television coverage area should be thought of as "the area" but North Georgia teams can't really be judged because they play their own set of opponents, themselves. I don't think you can judge LFO by one game, if so you need to look at any N Georgia team that plays them as close as

A typical remark from a guy who doesn't think that Tom Weathers is one of the top coaches of all-time. " Fruit doesn't fall far from the tree."

If you've never heard of it before, you should open your eyes. Population and average income increasing each year, hundreds of nice homes being built, test scores consistently much better than Hamilton County schools, and just lots of good people. They have no problem supplying school resource officers or running buses, and they have middle schools sports in football, boys and girls basketball, baseball and softball. And you must care, since you brought up "being in the middle of nowhere." Anything in the television coverage area should be thought of as "the area" but North Georgia teams can't really be judged because they play their own set of opponents, themselves. I don't think you can judge LFO by one game, if so you need to look at any N Georgia team that plays them as close as McCallie did and put them above Ooltewah. BTW what does Ooltewah have to offer as a city besides proximity to Chattanooga and Hamilton Place?

825330743[/snapback]

Ok, well I do not have any beef with Dunlap, BUT you've made me mad! LoL :lol: First off, you have no argument! Comparing Dunlap to Chattanooga is like comparing Ooltewah football with "out of area" teams. They have nothing in common as far as classification of any kind..the population is a fraction of Chatt-towns, there is what, 1 high school? And yes, you are in the middle of nowhere. I have been to Dunlap and through Dunlap many times. If you have to drive 25 or more minutes from the "city" to get somewhere then it's in the middle of nowhere. And you also have NO argument about LFO playing their own set of opponents. Who does Sequatchie play that Ooltewah plays? The answer is the same number of teams as LFO!

But if you want to get technical, LFO plays McCallie who plays Tyner who plays Sequatchie, and Tyner also plays Chattanooga Central who plays Ooltewah who is better than all of them anyways! - except maybe LFO. AND, McCallie plays Baylor who plays Boyd who plays Gordon Lee who plays Ringgold who plays Hixson who plays Rhea County who plays Soddy Daisy who plays Ooltewah. And LFO plays Ringgold and possibly Gordon Lee(would have to check for sure). So I can rank LFO in my top 10 if I want! :lol:

Edited by GradfromtheNest