MT.Pleasant vs. Cornersville

MPFAN

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT has to do with the fact that Cornersville deserves no respect until the community learns to stop running good coaches off!

Murrey Holton

Babe Hardison

Reggie Campbell

Louis Scheucenzuber

Monk Reese

David Reeves

Wally English

Keith Van hooser

Travis McKnight

and now Ken Lee!

All these former head coaches have enjoyed great success after leaving Cornersville!

The Tigers will have dog for supper tonight. 55-6 :lol:

825335601[/snapback]

i recall a couple of years ago I watched collinwood beat mt pleasant something like 58 to 6, oddly enough i dont recall anyone coming on here from mt pleasant and talking smack after that game. I do remember a couple of people complaining that collinwood ran the score up. Every team has ups and downs, good teams and terrible ones.......we got to respect all these kids from all these teams for going out there and giving us all some great friday night football! Guess im just tired of people bragging about something they had nothing to do with except for buying a ticket. That stuff belongs in the NFL, they get paid to get dissed. I also recall one night when tiny linville beat collinwood 63-0. Just some trivia.

Edited by ssssssss

what is ya'lls take on this game tonight.what do ya'll think the score will be

825334911[/snapback]

Don't be suprised if Cornersville plays 'em close. Cornersville had 5 turnovers in the red zone against Collinwood (4 fumbles, downs). If they score on 3 or 4 of those drives they might have beaten the Trojans. I'm not saying they win but I guarantee Mt. Pleasant will have to work for the win.

i hate having the bcs in high school football. i mean if it wasn't for that then mp could call the dawgs off at about half. oh, hold on a second, their is no bcs. have some respect for the lesser teams you play agaisnt and get your younger guys some playing time. no one thinks yall are any better just because you can score 70 points against a crappy team. a win is a win no matter how bad you beat someone.

last weak we, wayne co., could have scored again late in the game but chose not to and put our 2nd team in because the game was already out of reach. this week we were 6th in the first AP poll. my point is that you don't have to kill everyone to get noticed. as dominant as we were last year, we only scored 40 points on one occasion and that was against davidson academy in the playoffs when we scored 50 points. we didn't even score 40 against cornersville. and it wasn't cause they played us close because they had negative yards for the game. it's called respect. maybe in a few years yalls new coach will learn some.

I played for Collinwood in that 63-0 loss to lynville. It was the last game in the 1st season ever at Collinwood. They showed no class and ran the score up. All starters were playing until the final horn. Collinwoods coach was very upset and threw the opposing coach off our bus when he tried to explain it was for his seniors. Oh well that was nearly 30 years ago and Collinwood has come a long way. Sometimes no matter what you do, you can't keep the score down. I once heard a well respected coach respond to another coach on the staff that said coach should we take a knee. He said they have 11 kids on the field just like us, If they don't want us to score then they need to stop us. Now this was with all 2nd or 3rd string on the field. I believe you need to let your subs play to their best and what happens happens.....

Let me refresh everyones memory about our "0-10" season.

Game 1.....Creekwood vs Mt. Pleasant....13-30 L

Game 2......Lewis Co vs Mt. Pleasant......0-61 L

Game 3....Cornersville vs Mt .Pleasant ...20-35 L

Game 4....Huntland vs Mt. Pleasant .....0-28 L

Game 5....Cascade vs Mt. Pleasant ....13-47 L

Game 6....Wayne Co vs Mt. Pleasant ...0-32 L

Game 7....Collinwood vs Mt. Pleasant ...7-58 L

Game 8 ...Moore Co vs Mt. Pleasant .....7-35 L

Game 9.... Forrest vs Mt. Pleasant .....7-42 L

Game 10.... Columbia Academy vs Mt. Pleasant ......0-36 L

Don't get me wrong, Losing is bad enuff without having the opposing team beat the snot out of ya. Believe me, we KNOW that feeling. But take a look at the above scores. Does it look like some of these teams had mercy on us that year?! :o I think not. Football is football. When you get up on a team by a bunch of course you start putting the younger kids in. And thats exactly what we have done in all 3 of the first games. What are you suppose to do? Tell them "go out there and don't score"? Personally I don't think the score was ran up that bad tonight. As for Coach Smith learning respect, I assure you he has alot of respect.

As for the Zion score, my gosh we had true freshman playing early in the second quarter! Again, were the coaches suppose to tell them to NOT score? And you are absolutley correct, Greenman. Last year when we played ya'll, it was a very classy thing ya'll did. Most Mt. Pleasant fans said it was by far the "classy" thing to do and we appreciated it. But sometimes you can't help it when you have 3rd and 4th string kids in and they still score! So before everyone starts trashing Mt. Pleasant about "running" a score up, they need to stop and think what if the shoe were on the other foot? Would your coach tell those young kids that are so excited about being able to play to not score? I think not :o

Congrats to the Tigers and all of the winners from 6A.....To the losers .....Good luck next week!! thumb

Edited by TigerMoM1