Weight Certification

fhsd

All right BayouBear.  I have done so.  Our situation is stricter than other locations.  Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about it this year.  I am looking forward to seeing you guys in December.  We'll back for a visit.  Just make sure the chili dogs are ready to go in hospitality.

825394098[/snapback]

Nope, not much we can do about it now. "You pay your money...You take your chances."

Glad to hear you guys are coming. We'll make sure and stock up on the dogs. BTW, I spent a little time with LB and his brother this summer in VA @ the NHSCA Open. What a great kid and his brother as well. Good luck to him and your team.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, not much we can do about it now. "You pay your money...You take your chances."

Glad to hear you guys are coming. We'll make sure and stock up on the dogs. BTW, I spent a little time with LB and his brother this summer in VA @ the NHSCA Open. What a great kid and his brother as well. Good luck to him and your team.

825394151[/snapback]

Yeah, he is a great kid so long as the whistle has not blown. Then we all know he is one on the biggest jerks out there. Isn't that what you want in a wrestler? His brother ZB will be on our coaching staff this year.

Someone said his wrestler weighed 146 but wasn't allowed to go 145 due to less than 7% body fat. I believe the way this works is that should he drop below 145 at a weigh in, he will not be penalized but he can only wrestle 152 that day. Whereas if he weighed 145.1 he could wrestle 152 or 160. This is the bad part about naturally being below 7%.

Someone said his wrestler weighed 146 but wasn't allowed to go 145 due to less than 7% body fat. I believe the way this works is that should he drop below 145 at a weigh in, he will not be penalized but he can only wrestle 152 that day. Whereas if he weighed 145.1 he could wrestle 152 or 160. This is the bad part about naturally being below 7%.

I am incredibly angered by this rule, it has almost ruined my senior year. I have been varsity my freshmen, sophomore and junior years. I planned this year on wrestling 171, last year I was 160. Well I took my test and weighed 199.4 with 23.45% body fat, meaning the lowest I can cut is 164.5 perfect right? Wrong! According the the extremely gay 1.5% body fat a week loss I can wrestling 171 Jan. 10th, over half my season. I can go 189 until then but thats an 18lb difference. And they keep check of weight loss, so I can only lose so much a week but if I don't lose that so much then I wait longer. For example: Say one week I can weigh 175 according to the paper, I step on the scale for a match that week and it says 177 (now I am wretling 189) my coach records that, now its sent through and now the next week I can only weigh 175 again because I didn't lose that 1.5% the week before, so I have to wait another week to get to 171. The reverse is if I weigh less than what I can weigh that week my coach is warned and we could get in serious trouble, so I have to weigh exactly what that little thing says I can, nothing more and nothing less. This is the most stupid thing I have ever seen. The really gay part is the complaining for weight loss in wrestling programs comes from you 112's wanting to wrestle 103 or 119 wanting 112, its not the upper weights. My freshmen I weighed 188 the beginning of the year dropped to 160, sophomore I weighed 193 wrestled 171, junior year weighed 197 wrestled 160 and even made it to 152 mid-season, and now I weigh 199 and wanna wrestle 171 but can't until Jan. 10th. Just want to say thanks to whoever came up with this idea because it has ruined my SENIOR year. Let us wrestle the way we always have and let us cut the way we always have, its always worked in the past why change it now!?!

Edited by CloudDrakan

You guys are way off for several reasons.

1. This plan is healthier for the athletes. I cut weight and have seen kids cut weight. The way most of them do it is stupid and dangerous.

2. If you had 29.45% of your body weight taken up by fat, that is pathetic. Almost 1/3 of you is fat. What kind of off-season training program is that? Cloud, I think I know who you are and I have respected you as a wrestler, but that post makes me question your dedication to the sport.

3. This is easier on the coaches. No worrying about somebody not making weight (if coaches treated the program right) and no guesswork.

Hey cloud,

This rule is for people like you who lose 28 pounds. The way it was killed 3 college wrestlers who if I had to quess were losing weight the same way you do- too much too fast. You need to toughen up and wrestle 189, and if you lose the weight without starving or losing 10 pounds in water over two days, then more power to you when you do make 171.

I hate this new program, at first it is a great idea untill u find out how it effects different people. I wrestled 112 my freshman and sophmore year and 119 my junior year. I am naturally skinny and have a hih metabolism and very low body fat. I had to take the test saturday. I felt confident because i had been around 119 all summer and 116 at some points, but i hyperextended my elbow and had other injuries the last few weeks which hurt my conditioning. The day of the test came and i had to drink alot of water so i could ###### in the cup. I drank about a half gallon, thats roughly 4 lbs. I passed the hydration test because of the water from the night before, the water from the morning was just extra weight. I went to the scale and weighed 124 with 6.1% body fat. I was then told that my minnimum weight would be 124. That means i must weigh over 124 and less than 125. Problem is when season is in full swing and i am healthy i wake up at 118. On the day of the match i have to now put on weight, for some this would be a dream for me it is a nightmare. I can't eat that much and wrestle effectivly. Also our 112 to be weighed 110 with 4% body fat, he has to now weigh 113 this year. It is crap. Can it be appealed.