Championship game..

eagleRC

yeah in all fairness i too think it should be rotated every year....Finley Stadium in Chattanooga has held the DI-AA college football championship game for the past 2 or 3 years...Carson Newman would be a good place for the state title games...Liberty Bowl good as well and even going back to vandy...For God sake The NCAA DI_A title game is moved every freakin year and even the SUPERBOWL>>>Wouldn't it stink if the SUPERBOWL was played in BUFFALO every year OR Kansas City..Come on move it around a little bit..mix it up....

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah in all fairness i too think it should be rotated every year....Finley Stadium in Chattanooga has held the DI-AA college football championship game for the past 2 or 3 years...Carson Newman would be a good place for the state title games...Liberty Bowl good as well and even going back to vandy...For God sake The NCAA DI_A  title game is moved every freakin year and even the SUPERBOWL>>>Wouldn't it stink if the SUPERBOWL was played in BUFFALO every year OR Kansas City..Come on move it around a little bit..mix it up....

825337874[/snapback]

Grass fields couldn't take it. By the time you got to the 5a game...the field would be dirt if you had any bad weather.

Edited by Antwan

Well then why can't all the classes play at a different location. Like put 5A in Knoxville, 4A in Memphis, 3A in Nashville, 2A in Chattanooga, or something like that you could also double up like put 4A and 5A at the same place then 3A and 2A in another place there is a way to do it and I think that it would be cool to see them try it..

eagle .... I kinda like the five games/five sites idea. There are pros and cons, of course, such as what do those football fans who would like to see all five games do? But, still, an idea worth looking into. .... As far as playing the games at Vandy, do you really think it sends a positive message to the kids to send them out to play for the state's ultimate H.S. football prize on the field of one of college football's biggest losers? I mean, talk about your irony. :D ..... My thing about playing at The Coliseum or in Chatt is based on those stadiums getting the new field turf, which is good stuff. .... The idea of playing at H.S. sites is interesting, too, but I would hate to see fans turned away at the gate b/c the stadium wasn't big enough. I'd rather have 10,000 too many seats than one seat too few.

eagle .... I kinda like the five games/five sites idea. There are pros and cons, of course, such as what do those football fans who would like to see all five games do? But, still, an idea worth looking into. .... As far as playing the games at Vandy, do you really think it sends a positive message to the kids to send them out to play for the state's ultimate H.S. football prize on the field of one of college football's biggest losers? I mean, talk about your irony. :D  ..... My thing about playing at The Coliseum or in Chatt is based on those stadiums getting the new field turf, which is good stuff. .... The idea of playing at H.S. sites is interesting, too, but I would hate to see fans turned away at the gate b/c the stadium wasn't big enough. I'd rather have 10,000 too many seats than one seat too few.

825338797[/snapback]

I think playing the championships at other sites are all right as long as it is not at Neyland Stadium or The Coliseum....There is nothing worse than watching a game with maybe 10,000 people in a stadium that holds 107,000 or even 68,000...It's bad enough at the Boro when half the stadium is empty....Maybe play at UTC..UTM(where it might fill up that stadium for once)TTU..Playing the championships at host high schools would be neat...When a school say from West Tn doesn't have enough seating,they could play it at UTM and so forth in other areas of the state...But that would probably be too confusing for the TSSAA to keep up with...So lets just keep it at Murfreesboro.... :o

I think playing the championships at other sites are all right as long as it is not at Neyland Stadium or The Coliseum....There is nothing worse than watching a game with maybe 10,000 people in a stadium that holds 107,000 or even 68,000...It's bad enough at the Boro when half the stadium is empty....Maybe play at UTC..UTM(where it might fill up that stadium for once)TTU..Playing the championships at host high schools would be neat...When a school say from West Tn doesn't have enough seating,they could play it at UTM and so forth in other areas of the state...But that would probably be too confusing for the TSSAA to keep up with...So lets just keep it at Murfreesboro.... ;)

825338821[/snapback]

Since you brought up "fabled" UTM's stadium .... We were both there on that cold night back in 1976 when UC played Mitchell in the playoffs. Tell me, does that still rank as the largest crowd on record there??? ;)

i think that the rotation idea is a fantastic one...

it could get more of a fan base in the two outer sides of the state..... how many people would drive 4 hrs to watch a game that their team isnt playing in.... i wouldnt.

east- middle- west-east-middle-west...etc.

Knoxville (UT, but im not sure they would let it happen)

nashville (MTSU, VANDY, or even the collosium)

Memphis (MEM. liberty bowl)

Rotating the chamionship sites is a great ideal. I'd love to see the games in the East Tennessee area sometime. I think that by having the games in one area leads to lack of interest by those citizens in that area. They kind of take it for granted like the Tenn/KY All-Star game. People in Knoxville hardly acknowledge the game anymore. Rotate it so that other sections of the state can have the opportunity to experience the game.

I'd be pumped if the games were played in Knoxville, Chattanooga, or Tri-Cities. As for the travel excuse, if my team or child was playing for the state championship, I'd drive, fly, catch a train, bus, horse, or mule to get to the game no matter where it was. By rotating the game I think that the travel factor would even out over time. I just don't think that it is fair that east and west teams and fans have to travel each year.

Allow each site that bids for the championship games a 3 year contract, then rotate the game to the next site. From an event management standpoint, the fact of knowing that you only have a limited chance to host the games would create an event that could rival any state championship weekend anywhere. The local planning committees would have to create a great event in order to be awarded a 3 year hosting contract. I think that you would see better attendence, a boost to local economies, and a better experience for the teams and players.

Hosting the event at MTSU is taking the easy way out. No competition means no reason to do better or offer an alternative.

Edited by jjwsiv