Centennial Vs Brentwood

chsboys98

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take the Wind! The Wind won this ball game, all 24 of Bwoods points came in the South End Zone with the wind at their back, in fact all 38 points were scored that way! The highlight of the game .....4 trombone players from Centennial marched out to the 50 and played a half time song and then marched and twirled off the field to a rousing ovation from the Centennial Student Section! Then Centennial's students in rain gear and ponchos slid down the Brentwood hill, many face first....

Back to the game...or should I say the third quarter....Brentwood scored three touchdowns in the third quarter...KO to start the half, bobbled ball, Cntl at 19....3 and out..snap ...punter fumbles...Bwood recovers at the 4 ... one play 14-10.

KO bobbled ball at 25...3 and out ...punt shanked Bwood takes over at 35... "MinyA"(that's the minerature version of Austin Everson) runs several QB draws .... 17-14 Bwood! KO ...3 and out...good punt (if there is such a thing into a 25 mile per hour wind) Bwood at the 50 one running play then with the wind at his back McCurdy throws it to a wide open( no one within 15 yards) Dinger at the 20...he stuggles to judge the wind but gathers it in and walks into the endzone. 24-14 Bwood. Centennial tried to put together a last minute drive but fell short with 2:00 when They were 2nd and goal at the three and Scott throws into 7 Bwood Defenders at the goal line!

Some things never change! Centennials Bone is for the dogs! Their Oline couldn't move a single Bwood defender an inch! Brentwoods backers swarmed to the ball! If they could get Steele outside they could move the ball but Buchanan up the gut ain't happening!

Brentwood uses Seth Jones (great athlete) 5-9 160lbs at nose guard to dive into the center's feet thus allowing the backers to easily see whats going on in the backfield and take their angles!

McCurdy is "Miny A" he's not the athlete Everson is but on a delay his Oline can make big enough holes for him to take his pick!

Sportsguy....they are the same old poorly coached Bone running Dogs!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

absolutely the most horrendous conditions you could imagine playing a ball game in. It only got worse as the game went on

Props to the Bruins Offense for scoring 24 unanswered points.

Props to the Defense that, aside from letting Steele romp on one play, held Centennial in check most of the night.

Props to the Bruins Coaching staff for making adjustments, using the clock, calling the plays and getting the job done during the week, during halftime, and during the game.

Props to the kickers on both sides-you will never be asked to perform in worse conditions. I know turnovers on both kicking games caused TD's to be scored, but your job-IMO- was the toughest of anyone's tonight.

Props to the fans-all of you on both sides-for coming out and supporting your teams on a night common sense would have told you to stay home.

Not that it would have mattered because they were dominated at the line of scrimmage, but I'd add that accepting the change to Thursday night was another poor decision on the part of Centennial coaching staff! Tonight's forecast CLEAR and 70 degrees!!

825344932[/snapback]

BigDogDaddy

My name is Brian Kelly, I coach on Centennials football staff. I am also the boys and girls basketball coach here at CHS. I have been seeing you slam us for some time now, and it is enough. This board is for the praise and promotion of high school athletes. I would like to meet you, and discuss this obvious hatred of our coaching staff. Don't reply on this board, simply introduce yourself to me sometime. Use this board for what it was intended. I will not reply on this subject again.

For two years I have wanted Centennial to beat Brentwood, and frankly they should have. This year Brentwood is the underdog and yet I still feel like they have the edge because of coaching. Curtis Steele is impressive despite not having a very good Offensive Line. I believe the coaching of Brentwood will shut him down. Sportsguy1976 may know what his rushing numbers were each of the last two years against Brentwood. I'd be curious to know.

Second to coaching, as a reason for Bwood winning, is conditioning. I think Centennial has always been a terrible 4th quarter team. I'd love to see that stat as well for points for/against in the 4th Q for centennial over the past three years!

825337905[/snapback]

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS CHS'S O-LINE....THEY HAVE TWO HEAVILY RECRUITED GUARDS WHO ARE AS GOOD AS ANYONE IN THE MIDSTATE- DUMKE AND WOLFF...WHERE THEY STRUGGLE IS AT TACKLE WHERE THIER GUYS ARE FIRST YR STARTERS BUT UNDER SIZED....