Centennial Vs Brentwood

chsboys98

First of all recruiting of lineman has nothing whatsoever to do with ability! If you are 6-4 and up and 230 pounds and over and you manage to start on a HS team (good or bad) you are recruited! If you are on a winning team with a connected coaching staff you are a Div 1 recruit!

I don't want to comment further about specific athletes...I criticize coaches cause they get paid a stipened to coach but I don't think you should do anything but praise athletes!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not very much of a stipend for the amount of time that goes into it.

I think that CHS made a great decision to play in wet conditions. If anyone should have the upper hand it should be the running team. I mean come on BHS goes from the shotgun every snap and in wet and windy conditions that has to be difficult. Centennial definitely had the advantage.

It does look like CHS got outcoached the second half. Better adjustments by BHS. But to the credit of CHS's staff not many staff's in the state are better than Crawford and Daniels.

fURTHER THEY PLAY HARD AND DON'T NEED TO BE SLAMMED ON HERE....THEY ARE GOOD KIDS THAT WORK THEIR BUTTS OFF....WHY DON'T YOU PLAY THE GAME.

825345095[/snapback]

They may play hard but if you watched the third quarter you saw that they could not get more than a couple of yards up the middle on three, three and out series. To me that is not "one of the best Olines in the midstate!" They certainly cannot be when Brentwood knows you are going to take it up the middle, because you you don't run screens or hitches or quick slants or bubble sceens or hot passes....if you don't spread it out a good defense will smother your Oline!

Centennial has been touted in the WCRA as the team to beat in Williamson County. They were predicted to be better than Brentwood and Franklin and Franklin was put behind Brentwood and Ravenwood. Three primary reasons they were thought to be better were 1) Curtis Steele....no doubt he is one of the best running backs in the midstate 2) The offensive line ....my contention is they are no better than past years....I think last night proved me right 3) Scott at QB....to be determined....last night the weather played to big of a factor...

The unspoken is coaching, which I have posted on here for the past three seasons, that if there were a change to a more aggressive run and shoot rather than the predictable and archaic Bone that Centennial would be able to compete/beat the rebels and the bruins.

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Let me ask you guys somethin, do yall wanna keep pickin against us. Everyweek we are suppossed to be down, and this is the week we lose. Now maybe we can get some respect in our own division, not to mention 5A. Oh but i guess our defense has had a test yet, you guys can keep using that excuse.

BigDogDaddy

My name is Brian Kelly, I coach on Centennials football staff. I am also the boys and girls basketball coach here at CHS. I have been seeing you slam us for some time now, and it is enough. This board is for the praise and promotion of high school athletes. I would like to meet you, and discuss this obvious hatred of our coaching staff. Don't reply on this board, simply introduce yourself to me sometime. Use this board for what it was intended. I will not reply on this subject again.

825344971[/snapback]

Coach, thank you for your candor. I look forward to meeting you. First, there is no "obvious hatred" of Centennial coaching. You may recall two years ago I sent you a picture of one of your players being carried off the court on the shoulders of the fans for hitting a last minute shot at the buzzer to beat Franklin. I thought it would be a nice keepsake for the young man. I hope he got it. Seconly, while this is a boad for the praise and promotion of HS Sports it is also a place for analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the programs. If your special teams was a weakness I would talk about them. Centennials has plenty of strengths, I talk about those and Centennial has IMO a weakness in coaching. I have based this on my belief that the wishbone did not properly compliment the caliber of talent you have had at your school. In paticular I have been critiical that you should have left Bates at QB and used him in a run and shoot offense. I sang his praises on this board many many times. I have said that good defenses can snuff the running game you put forward, and I have been proven right by the likes of Brentwood and Franklin and others.

Rest assured if other programs develop a problem with what IMO is a weakness in coaching I will be sure to point it out, whether it be Franklin or any other team in the area.

Everyone on these boards is entitled to an opinion, what makes CoachT great is that some people have the courage to say it ,and back it up with statistics or discussion. I have never been critical for the sake of being critical but rather to help in the analysis of every teams strengths and weaknesses.

I have also commented that I didn't think Centennial belonged ranked above Brentwood and Franklin because it takes a great Oline to beat those two programs. Your Oline last night could not handle Bwood D. I'm not trying to be mean or hateful, its just a simple fact! By the way if you win the region with the wish bone and you run all over every team in the process. I will be the first one to say I was wrong!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Not very much of a stipend for the amount of time that goes into it. 

I think that CHS made a great decision to play in wet conditions.  If anyone should have the upper hand it should be the running team.  I mean come on BHS goes from the shotgun every snap and in wet and windy conditions that has to be difficult.  Centennial definitely had the advantage.

It does look like CHS got outcoached the second half.  Better adjustments by BHS.  But to the credit of CHS's staff not many staff's in the state are better than Crawford and Daniels.

825345183[/snapback]

Yeah, but the key to opening up the running game for Steele is to have Taylor Scott be able to throw the ball around. I think the weather, while not helping anyone, was more of a hinderence to Scott than it was to McCurdy, and knowing that it would be, Centennial should have waited for better weather!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

I'd have to respectfully disagree on your last point BDD.

Going into the Brentwood game, Centennial had only attempted 20 passes all season. Thursday night, they attempted nearly four game's worth alone (16). Throwing the ball that many times is WAY out of their comfort zone, as the INT's (and routes) proved. As is known, a wishbone team that gets behind and is forced to throw is out of their element. Brentwood was expecting about five passes, the next 11 were a bonus.

I'm not a fan of the bone for that reason alone-zero diversity when you need it. If you face a defense that can stop the run-you have no more weapons. That offense went out about the time Bear Bryant died, I think for just that fact. Centennial's only advantage in running it, according to Ron Crawford, is that no one else is running it in the region and you have only a week to prepare. If your kid's buy into your scheme, you can stop it.

The rain/wind really hampered the Brentwood passing offense-but their advantage was they were used to running AND throwing the ball anyway. Because of the weather conditions, none of the Bruin receivers wore gloves, which help in making the ball stick to your hands. Drier conditions would have been an advantage to a team that is comfortable in passing as part of the offense. That is not Centennial's game at all.

BTW, the "Centennial Marching Band" WAS a hoot. At least they showed up!

:ph34r: I'm in their marching band, i was one of the 4 trombones on the field. We made that up with 6 minutes left before half. We figured we might as well make people laugh since it was a miserable night. We had fun!!

I think it's silly that one of our coaches would post on a board telling someone to stop saying they are bad. That's like a player coming on here to do the same. Nonsense.

:rolleyes: I'm in their marching band, i was one of the 4 trombones on the field.  We made that up with 6 minutes left before half.  We figured we might as well make people laugh since it was a miserable night.  We had fun!!

I think it's silly that one of our coaches would post on a board telling someone to stop saying they are bad.  That's like a player coming on here to do the same.  Nonsense.

825347324[/snapback]

You guys made my night. If there were an award for fans in Williamson County I think Centennial would win, I loved the Braveheart thing coming down the hill a couple of years ago and basketball games in your place(against Franklin) are incredible! ( a little too over zealous at baseball games!!)

Edited by BigDogDaddy