Ooltewah's Weakness its Secondary

Ti-Ta

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M.H. Check your states on the SD game with Tim Martin that went to Marshall and was recruited by the Twins I was man on man with him as a freshman 1 catch for five yards I do believe. But remember I was scared. M.H. also check your records on how many games I stared as a freshman at CB that would be 8 and played most of the other two games. My number was 32 as a freshman. There were only two game that I had ever missed and that was due to four bruised ribs and three swollen disks in my lower back suffered in the jamboree our senior year. That's why coaches always tell their kids to play like its your last game they were right. I played my senior year about 60% healthy with my sciatic nerve pinched everyday of my life for five years. 36 games started played in 38. I also played fullback, tailback, or two back, and reciever. But I was scared. Thanks

as a freshman I was 135 lbs and I did not start at fullback they put me there because of the injuries to our tailbacks, Reggie Parks was the starting fullback 5'10" 240 they moved him to tailback and had me at fullback. Reggie went to MTSU and now is a Chattanooga Police Officer. Thats Crazy that a 135lb fullback is blocking for a 240lb tailback. Ask coach Davis. I must been scared.

your right but he was our head coach my first two years and when he did speak it was (do it again) or making crack at one of our players. believe or not the man has a good since of humor. What he lacks in talking he makes up on the field an absolute genius when it coms to football schemes and he is a good man. I wish him the best.

I would take a great 5'8" to 5'10" CB all day over a slower big receiver any day. Your free safety has to be the tall one on the field and can not let anyone deeper than he is at anytime. Your strong safety should be one of your best athletes on the defense and quickest and should deliver a punishing blow on anyone that attempts to make a grab that also goes for your corners. If a receiver knows his going to get hit and hit hard ever time he touches the football that's like having extra defenders on the field. I believe we did a OK job Friday night we just were not in the right position to make the play which will come with more experience.

If you cant make the play make them pay.

825341348[/snapback]

who ever said the receivers were slower? Ask Rhea about Ricketts and Atchley. Let's see, probably 20 or so catches, 300 yards, 3 TD's.....Not saying that performance will be repeated @ Ooltewah by any means, but the only way I see Ooltewah stopping them is to get to the QB before he can get the ball off. That would be my game plan........By the way, the corners that play major college football and in the NFL may be 5'8" or 5'10", but they also run 4.4 forties and have 40-inch vertical leaps. Even then, on a tall receiver they struggle.

who ever said the receivers were slower?  Ask Rhea about Ricketts and Atchley.  Let's see, probably 20 or so catches, 300 yards, 3 TD's.....Not saying that performance will be repeated @ Ooltewah by any means, but the only way I see Ooltewah stopping them is to get to the QB before he can get the ball off.  That would be my game plan........By the way, the corners that play major college football and in the NFL may be 5'8" or 5'10", but they also run 4.4 forties and have 40-inch vertical leaps.  Even then, on a tall receiver they struggle.

825343129[/snapback]

BMI will be on Orr like white on rice! :rolleyes: