Hey DelTavian

jasper

Del-Sorry about the delay I was out for a day, but couldnt wait for you to tell me exactly what Vic did or didnt do vs. Grundy County's midline option. Can you fill me in about what front and coverage he was in. Then please take time and in detail tell me exactly what you would do vs. the midline. This interests me greatly because of your great realm of knowlege when it comes to the game of football.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Del-Sorry about the delay I was out for a day, but couldnt wait for you to tell me exactly what Vic did or didnt do vs. Grundy County's midline option.  Can you fill me in about what front and coverage he was in.  Then please take time and in detail tell me exactly what you would do vs. the midline.  This interests me greatly because of your great realm of knowlege when it comes to the game of football.

825340543[/snapback]

You're really out there aren't you? I used that question in the other thread to try to get you on a specific topic. You were throwing out general garbage and not trying to get specific on what problems you had with other posters in the other thread.

Where have I said I was a coach? What I said about the midline was from a quote Coach Taylor gave me after the game. "They gave us midline all night and we took it. They never adjusted." Again it was something to get you on topic instead of the nonsense that was there. Go back and pull up the thread and read it again.

You continue to try to put words in my mouth and it ain't going to happen.

But I'm not a coach. I did coach on the elementary level but that was 16 years ago. I was good with the kids but lousy at strategy. I do know how to motivate kids but would call a run when I should have passed and a pass when I should have run the ball. So debating coaching strategy with a coach is something I wouldn't do well in and I have no problem admiting that. Just like folks shouldn't get into a posting war with a writer. My fingers are too well conditioned and I'm way to wordy.

HOWEVER, you still haven't answered my question. Which game were you at Friday night. Grundy's or Jasper's? I don't want to know if you were on the field, in the pressbox, on the chain gang, in the bleachers, cooking burgers or in the john. I just want to know which game you went to. It's also not in an effort to find out who you are. I could care less about that. I just want to know which game you attended. That shouldn't be a hard question to answer, so why are you dodging it?

As for having a great week....same too you.

And as for the games you question....I'd say that on paper I'd pick Marion and Sequatchie to win their games. HOWEVER, I'm quite sure that Ivan could make anything happen at any game this week.

Del (who wonders if some games will get moved to Saturday because of the storm.)

Scratch what I said about Sequatchie. They're a lock against Tellico, rain or no rain.

Edited by DelTavian

You're really out there aren't you? I used that question in the other thread to try to get you on a specific topic. You were throwing out general garbage and not trying to get specific on what problems you had with other posters in the other thread.

Where have I said I was a coach? What I said about the midline was from a quote Coach Taylor gave me after the game. "They gave us midline all night and we took it. They never adjusted." Again it was something to get you on topic instead of the nonsense that was there. Go back and pull up the thread and read it again.

You continue to try to put words in my mouth and it ain't going to happen.

But I'm not a coach. I did coach on the elementary level but that was 16 years ago. I was good with the kids but lousy at strategy. I do know how to motivate kids but would call a run when I should have passed and a pass when I should have run the ball. So debating coaching strategy with a coach is something I wouldn't do well in and I have no problem admiting that. Just like folks shouldn't get into a posting war with a writer. My fingers are too well conditioned and I'm way to wordy.

HOWEVER, you still haven't answered my question. Which game were you at Friday night. Grundy's or Jasper's? I don't want to know if you were on the field, in the pressbox, on the chain gang, in the bleachers, cooking burgers or in the john. I just want to know which game you went to. It's also not in an effort to find out who you are. I could care less about that. I just want to know which game you attended. That shouldn't be a hard question to answer, so why are you dodging it?

As for having a great week....same too you.

And as for the games you question....I'd say that on paper I'd pick Marion and Sequatchie to win their games. HOWEVER, I'm quite sure that Ivan could make anything happen at any game this week.

Del (who wonders if some games will get moved to Saturday because of the storm.)

Scratch what I said about Sequatchie. They're a lock against Tellico, rain or no rain.

825340584[/snapback]

I told you once already that I was at the Riverdale/Lincoln Co game on Friday. Riverdale is for real. The only team to be able to play with them is probably MBA. Are you from Grundy County? Did you play? What position did you play? The only thing I want to make sure of is that all threads and comments are treated equally. Last fall I got on here and all I did was point out the fact that neither Wayne Turner at Tyner and Vic Grider at So. Pitt took any credit for their losses in the play-offs. In their postgame interviews with the Chattanooga Times they clearly laid the blame for the loss on the players and never once mentioned that they may have had a hand in the loss. That is all that I was pointing out and my thread was repeatedly taken off the board. I feel that this is unfair. I see other people being critical of other coaches and the threads remain. I think that Vic and Wayne have done good jobs with their respective programs. No question. I was only pointing out that as far as their players had taken them that they accecpted no responsibility in loss and that is wrong. Furthermore, I, (myself included), choose words more carefully when writing on topics on this board. There is nothing more aggravating than a bunch of rambling about nothing. I enjoy our dialogue and hope that it continues. Lets dont let this ongoing discussion become petty and resort to name calling...etc. Can you assure me that all threads will be treated equally and all persons opinions respected as long as it is done in a tactful manner? I am asking you this because you are a moderator on this board. I think you guys in Grundy are very fortunate to have a staff as good as the one that you have there. Even though KC and the sunshine band will ruffle some feathers at times. I think that they will take you further than only you talent. I dont think that the game has passed KC by yet, even though he does a lot of the same things he did in the 80's. Have a great day. I must go train for the next marathon.

I told you once already that I was at the Riverdale/Lincoln Co game on Friday.  Riverdale is for real.  The only team to be able to play with them is probably MBA.  Are you from Grundy County?  Did you play?  What position did you play?  The only thing I want to make sure of is that all threads and comments are treated equally.  Last fall I got on here and all I did was point out the fact that neither Wayne Turner at Tyner and Vic Grider at So. Pitt took any credit for their losses in the play-offs.  In their postgame interviews with the Chattanooga Times they clearly laid the blame for the loss on the players and never once mentioned that they may have had a hand in the loss.  That is all that I was pointing out and my thread was repeatedly taken off the board.  I feel that this is unfair.  I see other people being critical of other coaches and the threads remain.  I think that Vic and Wayne have done good jobs with their respective programs.  No question.  I was only pointing out that as far as their players had taken them that they accecpted no responsibility in loss and that is wrong.  Furthermore, I, (myself included), choose words more carefully when writing on topics on this board.  There is nothing more aggravating than a  bunch of rambling about nothing.  I enjoy our dialogue and hope that it continues.  Lets dont let this ongoing discussion become petty and resort to name calling...etc.  Can you assure me that all threads will be treated equally and all persons opinions respected as long as it is done in a tactful manner?  I am asking you this because you are a moderator on this board.  I think you guys in Grundy are very fortunate to have a staff as good as the one that you have there.  Even though KC and the sunshine band will ruffle some feathers at times.  I think that they will take you further than only you talent.  I dont think that the game has passed KC by yet, even though he does a lot of the same things he did in the 80's.  Have a great day.  I must go train for the next marathon.

825340648[/snapback]

You're right. I missed it that you were telling me that game in the other thread. Sorry.

Now as for threads being treated equally that's not an easy task. There are several mods on this board. I don't look at them all. There's times I have time to be super-mod and chase down everything everyone reports. There's times I don't look at anything going on. I'm sure it's the same with all the other mods. I'll chase cussing, suggestive content and threats more than anything. I've jumped in on other stuff too when a coach or a player is getting bashed but not too often.

I think all mods try to be as fair as they can unless they're emotionally involved in the thread. Sometimes I've asked other mods to come in and look at it so I don't get out of hand because I'm apt to do that as much as anybody.

As for playing, yes I played for Grundy and live here. I was a tackle both ways and much better on offense than defense. But that was long ago...at least it seems that way now. I've been to war since then and the other side of the world twice. I learned from that, that football isn't life. Life is life. I still love it but I have a much different perspective on it now.

I don't remember those threads from last year so I'm sure it wasn't me yanking them.

Let's see....as for marathons....you're nuts! :lol: Although I have to say I did enjoy the satisfaction of completing those 6 mile runs in the Army. It felt good to be able to do that. I am afraid those days are gone too. Good thing I still practice hand to hand and am still a great shot. :D

That should cover it for now....

Del.