who's overrated

MakoRevised

Goodpasture is the most overrated school in the state. They always fold, no matter what sport it is. It is ridiculous how much they are talked about and they will make it to the playoffs but that is it. They are terribly overrated.

825352035[/snapback]

i strongly agree....one of the most overrated schools....they have on pretty good player and they automaticly think they are a contender...most years yes they are pretty decent but honestly why every year must we go through this

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shows you don't know much cause Rosemark coach plays all his players in every game. Its not a whole line change cause we don't have that kind of depth but it is mostly changed with leaving in a couple of starters, maybe at different positions and switching them in and out. Don't know where FACS is getting their information from that all starters play our whole game - guess having to make excuses for why they get scored on a little more than Rosemark. Actually I think Rosemark and FACS are about even this year in what they have on offense and defense and depth. Unless injuries occur to main players on the teams, I expect the battle will be between the 2. Should be an awesome game come October.

Humm...

I'm not sure if Rosemark plays backups or not. But I can certainly tell you that FACS does. In fact, if I recall correctly, every point FACS has given up has been off of the second defense. And many, if not all, of the points have been scored by the starting offense. So, realistically, all the FACS scores you see are third (or even second) quarter scores. As far as I know, Rosemark plays starters more. But, of course, I'm not entirely certain. Anyone care to enlighten me?

ANYWAY, if Coach Spain would play starters at least to the mid-point of the fourth quarter, every score would at least be in the 40's, and every game would have been a shutout (similiar to Rosemark).

They only scored 7 more points than First against Lighthouse and 11 less points than First against Middleton. If ANYTHING, Rosemark and First Assembly are neck-and-neck.

So, quiet, you.

Im sure glad you know what your talking about. Since you know Rosemark has very few back-ups for each postion in most cases only 1. And I did go to the Sbec vs. Facs game friday night and Facs didnt put in one backup all game from what I saw. Also I saw that Facs scored all there points in the first half(or at least the first 20 of them) and in the second half had hard time moving the ball at different points. Now from what I have heard, Facs plays alot of back ups which is good. But thats because they have 9 people going both ways, when Rosemark has about 4 or 5. It also helps when you have a cupcake first half of the season. Also Coach Bramblett doesnt play his starters halfway through the fourth quater yet this year exept the Sbec game(similar to FACS).

Ooltewah!!!

825342060[/snapback]

I think that DCA is over rated because they haven't realy been tested and yet they are going around saying that they are the best. sound kinda like last year when CPA beat them. I do think that they are good but they don't have any braging room because the last couple of games they have been playing slopy and I think they are in for a rude wake up.

I think that DCA is over rated because they haven't realy been tested and yet they are going around saying that they are the best. sound kinda like last year when CPA beat them. I do think that they are good but they don't have any braging room because the last couple of games they have been playing slopy and I think they are in for a rude wake up.

825356128[/snapback]

Why on earth did you quote "Ooltewah!!!"???

Shows you don't know much cause Rosemark coach plays all his players in every game.  Its not a whole line change cause we don't have that kind of depth but it is mostly changed with leaving in  a couple of starters, maybe at different positions and switching them in and out.  Don't know where FACS is getting their information from that all starters play our whole game - guess having to make excuses for why they get scored on  a little more than Rosemark.  Actually I think Rosemark and FACS are about even this year in what they have on offense and defense and depth.  Unless injuries occur to main players on the teams, I expect the battle will be between the 2.  Should be an awesome game come October.

825356066[/snapback]

Well, i'm glad to see that you've reinforced everything i said, like the Rosemark and FACS are about even thing. And didn't i (repeatedly) say that i wasn't sure if Rosemark played backups or not? Humm... :lol:

Oh yes, First Assembly takes out every starter. But don't get me wrong, I'm not downplaying Rosemark at all. The Rebels are a good team and they'll probably be that way for a while. I just think FACS is making a come back from the 80's. That's all.

825356128[/snapback]

DCA is not overrated. They return almost every starter from last year's state runnerup team that (in my opinion) would have won the state if their top 2 backs (who also were LB's) had not gotten injured in the playoffs.

They will get their first test at CPA week 9 and will probably play CPA or Mt. Pleasant in the quarters and then USJ in the semis if they win.

I still think the Top 5 teams in 1A are (in this order):

Boyd

DCA

CPA

MT. Pleasant

USJ