Jefferson Co vs Cocke Co

JC4life

having been a lifelong fan of a school that euverard coached and won state at, i can confidently say that not only does marty have the team's best interests in mind, but has the individuals best interests in mind as well. i think you will find that most of the guys that quit, quit because that they knew marty was going to run a tight,disciplined ship(heaven forbid) marty is just getting rid of the weeds, give him time and he will be a great investment for your school,football team and community

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to be concerned with the Jefferson County High School football program and its progress at regaining a "class-act" status.  I have not met Coach Marty Euverard, but I do know that Jefferson County has some soul searching which it must consider due to its massive drop in numbers.  The school has 2,100 kids for crying out loud.  Doesn't anyone remember the good ole days when players looked up to their coach as a friend, mentor, and possibly even a father figure as well as a coach?  Coach Kisabeth did a great job of building successful men within a positive atmosphere.  He cared for the guys on the team as football players and men on a personal level, and he still does to this day.  Oh yeah, Coach Kisabeth won a few games too, and Coach K will be the first to tell you that the help of a strong and supportive coaching staff helped him win games and build strong men.  From what I saw of Coach Meadows, he was in it for just a select few and himself.  It was almost chaotic.  Coaches were coming and going, and players were playing for themselves and not the team.  These facts are beside the point.  Jefferson County High School football is a program of rich tradition, and when the job opens, there are plenty of resumes being submitted.  I personally don't believe that it would be hard to find a man who could encompass each of the traits of a quality coach and man; one who could get the school, its different communities, and county behind him.  Whenever I read that nearly forty players have quit the team by week four, it is truly disheartening because I know how valuable playing football can actually be for a teenager or young adult.  The game teaches teamwork, builds friendships, and prepares children for adulthood.  I really hope that what Coach Euverard is doing is the correct way to approach coaching.  This isn't a tricky situation at all.  We all know that if the program is run correctly, it will be successful in the long run.  This "long run" doesn't solely include the football team.  It includes the players' lives after their football playing days because they will be the parents, taxpayers, and workers within Jefferson County and Tennessee extremely soon.  I am still pulling for Coach Euverard and the Patriots with one hundred percent, but I hope the football coaching staff, athletic department, and administration examines these circumstances with an attitude that yearns for the further development of youth in Jefferson County, TN.

825351930[/snapback]

Great post!!!

I have to be concerned with the Jefferson County High School football program and its progress at regaining a "class-act" status.  I have not met Coach Marty Euverard, but I do know that Jefferson County has some soul searching which it must consider due to its massive drop in numbers.  The school has 2,100 kids for crying out loud.  Doesn't anyone remember the good ole days when players looked up to their coach as a friend, mentor, and possibly even a father figure as well as a coach?  Coach Kisabeth did a great job of building successful men within a positive atmosphere.  He cared for the guys on the team as football players and men on a personal level, and he still does to this day.  Oh yeah, Coach Kisabeth won a few games too, and Coach K will be the first to tell you that the help of a strong and supportive coaching staff helped him win games and build strong men.  From what I saw of Coach Meadows, he was in it for just a select few and himself.  It was almost chaotic.  Coaches were coming and going, and players were playing for themselves and not the team.  These facts are beside the point.  Jefferson County High School football is a program of rich tradition, and when the job opens, there are plenty of resumes being submitted.  I personally don't believe that it would be hard to find a man who could encompass each of the traits of a quality coach and man; one who could get the school, its different communities, and county behind him.  Whenever I read that nearly forty players have quit the team by week four, it is truly disheartening because I know how valuable playing football can actually be for a teenager or young adult.  The game teaches teamwork, builds friendships, and prepares children for adulthood.  I really hope that what Coach Euverard is doing is the correct way to approach coaching.  This isn't a tricky situation at all.  We all know that if the program is run correctly, it will be successful in the long run.  This "long run" doesn't solely include the football team.  It includes the players' lives after their football playing days because they will be the parents, taxpayers, and workers within Jefferson County and Tennessee extremely soon.  I am still pulling for Coach Euverard and the Patriots with one hundred percent, but I hope the football coaching staff, athletic department, and administration examines these circumstances with an attitude that yearns for the further development of youth in Jefferson County, TN.

825351930[/snapback]

For the record, there were not 80 kids who came out for football in the fall. I don`t even think there were 80 kids back in the spring. Over the summer some kids stopped working out, and some quit the team during camp. When full pads practice began in the fall I believe I heard someone say that there were 58 kids out for football (which is REALLY low for a Jeff Co team, last year we had 78 kids play all year) That number has since dropped to where it is today. The numbers have gotten so bad that some freshman play both jv and freshman ball. The large freshman class we have this year, added to the success of this years team, will make the numbers start to go back up. Depth is beginning to become a bit of a concern, alot of positions are only 4 deep total.

Great post!!!

825351949[/snapback]

MAN YOU PEOPLE KILL ME, Y'ALL PUT TO MUCH ON QUANTITY NOT QUALITY. COACH U HAS HIS SYSTEM AND IS STICKING TO IT, JUST B/C YOU DON'T AGREE WITH IT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S WRONG. WHEN Y'ALL REALIZE THAT BECAUSE SOMEONE STICKS TO THEIR GUNS AND THAT YOU DON'T HAVE THE WEIGHT YOU ONCE DID TO TRY AND PULL YOUR STRINGS WITH YOUR GOOD O'LE BOYS AND TRY AND FORCE SOMONE OUT OF POSITION. THOSE KIDS THAT QUIT PROBABLY COULDN'T HANDLE THE RUNNING AND DISCIPLINE. MAYBE IF PARENTS WOULD TEACH THEIR CHILDREN RESPECT AND THAT THEY ARE "ALL WORLD" AND THEY CAN MAKE MISTAKES AND NOT TO BLAME THEIR MISTAKES ON SOMEONE ELSE. WHEN Y'ALL REALIZE THIS THEN TAKE A LOOK AGAIN AT WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE JC PROGRAM AND WE'LL SEE WHO IS DOING THE RIGHT THING.

MAN YOU PEOPLE KILL ME, Y'ALL PUT TO MUCH ON QUANTITY NOT QUALITY. COACH U HAS HIS SYSTEM AND IS STICKING TO IT, JUST B/C YOU DON'T AGREE  WITH IT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S WRONG. WHEN Y'ALL REALIZE THAT BECAUSE SOMEONE STICKS TO THEIR GUNS AND THAT YOU DON'T HAVE THE WEIGHT YOU ONCE DID TO TRY AND PULL YOUR STRINGS WITH YOUR GOOD O'LE BOYS AND TRY AND FORCE SOMONE OUT OF POSITION. THOSE KIDS THAT QUIT PROBABLY COULDN'T HANDLE THE RUNNING AND DISCIPLINE. MAYBE IF PARENTS WOULD TEACH THEIR CHILDREN RESPECT AND THAT THEY ARE "ALL WORLD" AND THEY CAN MAKE MISTAKES AND NOT TO BLAME THEIR MISTAKES ON SOMEONE ELSE. WHEN Y'ALL REALIZE THIS THEN TAKE A LOOK AGAIN AT WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE JC PROGRAM AND WE'LL SEE WHO IS DOING THE RIGHT THING.

825352420[/snapback]

:P Nothing funnier than an irate Skwerl. You have to remember that these high school kids are just that, they are kids. The reason there was a big team last year is the majority of the kids that chose to go out knew it was gonna be a great team and they saw what the previous years team had done with a great run. But then Meadows leaves and all those kids that had no business playing in the first place quit.

The way I look at it, the fat have been trimmed from this years team, (including one VERY big peace of fat last week). So like my young friend Skwerl said, its quality over quanity, atleast you know these kids have on the uniform for the right reaons.

Exactly Lawyer, last year's numbers were so great, because everyone wanted to be on a championship program. Everyone knew that JC had a chance to win state last year and all wanted a ring.

This year's numbers are lower than last, but look a couple years back, they are right there along the same number of players.

I like the discipline that Coach U has brought back in. Last year w/ M. a player would come off, throwing a 2 year old tantrum, throw his helmet at the fence, be booed by the crowd, then be right back in the game.

I welcome the discipline that has come with this years team, and it will build a strong program.

Exactly Lawyer, last year's numbers were so great, because everyone wanted to be on a championship program.  Everyone knew that JC had a chance to win state last year and all wanted a ring. 

This year's numbers are lower than last, but look a couple years back, they are right there along the same number of players.

I like the discipline that Coach U has brought back in.  Last year w/ M. a player would come off, throwing a 2 year old tantrum, throw his helmet at the fence, be booed by the crowd, then be right back in the game. 

I welcome the discipline that has come with this years team, and it will build a strong program.

825352559[/snapback]

:lol: Yeah I can remember Desmond comin off the field mad and slammin his helmet, screamin and everything, CLASSIC but thats just him he is firery all the time, and he used it to the advantage most of the time. Most times he went off he had a Coach in his face right after he did whatever he did, he would have done it if Tom Landry was the coach he doesnt care, thats what makes him Desmond thumb .

From players I talked to, most of them respected Meadows and I wouldnt say that he put the fear of God in them but he could put someone in their place if he needed to. It sounds like Coach U definetly has more of a military style of discipline.

The talk about Coach U has just about wore me out. There's little that could be done right now if indeed something needed to be done--so why speculate at this time, right in the heart of the season? I say support him and when we make it to the quarterfinals this year, he'll have a lot more fans than he does right now. He is different than Meadows--different in both good ways and bad ways. Meadows catered to the "stars", U treats everyone the same and emphasizes team over the individual. Meadows made you feel like you were the best, Coach U keeps you humble. All I know is that U has a proven track record and for a program that has been to the playoffs in 18 of the last 22 years we need a coach that is used to being there. I liked Meadows, still do and maybe if his family had been treated a little better, he'd still be here--but the fact is, he's not, Coach U is, so let's stop the debate and kick some Cocke County butt!

The talk about Coach U has just about wore me out.  There's little that could be done right now if indeed something needed to be done--so why speculate at this time, right in the heart of the season?  I say support him and when we make it to the quarterfinals this year, he'll have a lot more fans than he does right now.  He is different than Meadows--different in both good ways and bad ways.  Meadows catered to the "stars", U treats everyone the same and emphasizes team over the individual.  Meadows made you feel like you were the best, Coach U keeps you humble.  All I know is that U has a proven track record and for a program that has been to the playoffs in 18 of the last 22 years we need a coach that is used to being there.  I liked Meadows, still do and maybe if his family had been treated a little better, he'd still be here--but the fact is, he's not, Coach U is, so let's stop the debate and kick some Cocke County butt!

825353283[/snapback]

I agree, I think some of you guys just want negative things to talk about. The team is playing great, and most of the talk is negative. The man hasn`t even been coach for a year and people are already crying? Focus on the good things, when we start playing bad, then you can complain.

Back to the game, what type of offense and defense does Cocke Co run?

Edited by JC4life

HUnit I hope Cocke wins tonight more than anyone.

They will have to play clock control and field position to do so, I'm afraid, like they did against Seymour.

Their TB is out I hear, who led Region 2-4A in Rushing until getting hurt last week in the rain.

If they can control the clock, and field position, and limit the big play, they will remain in contention for the win I believe. But the big play kills them. If the QB has all day to throw the ball, usually one, or two WRs will shake their DB and be more than Wide open for the catch and score. This has happened countless times to CCHS from reading the papers.