Best QB in the state

simonzander71

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Duran Ferguson can work on his speed he could be a solid D-1 prospect! He has the arm, a great field presence and is tough (not afraid to take a shot). His forty time at the Nike camp was a dismal 5.01. It doesn't matter if your as big as a D-1 defensive lineman if you can't outrun them! He is quicker than he was last year!

Murphy Fair's Preseason All State QB's:

5A - Duran Ferguson, Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett

4A - Cade Thompson, Maryville

3A - Ty Evans, Lexington

2A - not listed

1A - Joseph Ruddle, Wayne County

DII - Drew Hanks, Tipton Rosemark

Duran Ferguson is the top QB in the state I think. His only draw back is his foot speed. But something I've noticed about him after watching him for the past two years. When he runs the ball its almost like he's runing in slow motion and everyone else is running full speed, yet nobody can lay a hand on him. Most of his TD runs have been like that. It almost defies logic.

If you go to the rivals prospect data base and click on Pro style QBs, you'll find that there are plenty of Qbs with 5.0 40 yard dash times. If Duran is that good I think his problem is the only people that know about him are on this web site. And that don't mean anything. He needs exposure. Ty Evans is not much faster than 5.0 and he's getting offers. By the way, David Green from Georgia runs about a 5.2.

For Duran North Carolina, Virginia, and Marshall are a few of the places that want Duran in their jersey.  Thats not too shabby.

825353798[/snapback]

That's awesome. I wish him luck. I didn't think his speed would be an issue. I know that Marshall has a commitment from Zach Barnard of Kentucky and he runs a 5.19 but they plan on signing one more as they have 2 senior QBs graduating this year.