Creekwood- Greenbrier

muffin

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenbrier won this ballgame with their defense. I don't think Creekwood got past the 50 over a couple of times all night. The reason the score was not worse was due to too many mistakes (including a TD called back) by Greenbrier which is you usually don't see with this team. While Creekwood did a great job containing Herndon, they forgot about Clint Russell and Jacob Aldridge who both had a great game. Clint went down with a knee injury in the 3rd. I'm not sure what the extent of the injury is yet. Troy Dill did a good job filling in for him tonight. Kyle Ganious also was injured. It was a physical football game.

As mentioned on the board several times....Creekwood is a much improved football team. They have made some great strides since last season. I was really impressed with their entire school campus and facilities. It may have been the nicest high school I have seen.

Good luck to Creekwood the rest of the way. After seeing Sycamore lost again tonight to Montgomery Central. They may be looking at a playoff spot.

Congratulations Bobcats. Next up: White House

Ch 4 had highlights...Gb 20 -0 and creekwood had some mistakes. TV reporter went to college with the coach at creekwood and he was in the pre-game locker-room filming...I gotta feeling if GB had seen that ....the score would have been higher.

825346180[/snapback]

It wouldn't have mattered what the team knew before the game. We won in spite of ourselves, tonight, thanks to a dominating defense. This was by far our worst game as far as execution, turnovers, penalties, and just not playing smart. The guys seemed a little flat. Fortunately, we were still able to pull out the victory.

Creek Wood is a first class group with a very nice stadium and facilities. I was highly impressed with what you guys have built. Best high school stadium and amenities I have seen since moving to TN 4 years ago.

Creek Wood also has a very good football team. Their defensive line was very impressive and gave us quite a bit of trouble. A lot of our failures tonight were a direct result of Creek Wood's D-line.

But, as others will find out, if you just try to key on Herndon and shut him down, then we have 3 or 4 other weapons who will burn you. That is what happened tonight. Great job by Clint Russell until his injury and also by Troy Dill who filled in very ably for him tonight. Also, Jacob Aldridge made them pay a few times on key runs.

Defense won this game for us. They only allowed about 6 first downs all night.

Hope all is alright with Clint and Kyle. Time will tell how long they will be out.

Great game with Creekwood. Their team was focus and driven tonight, but seemed to wear down after the half. Good luck to the Red Hawks the rest of the way. You guys have a very nice stadium and field, and your school looks very impressive.

Congrats to the Bobcats tonight. You played hard and showed your stuff. Very physical game, but I HATE that Kyle and Clint were hurt. Hopefully this was minor because I know they want to be out there. Noticed that Kyle (even on crutches) went right to Clint's side as soon as he was down. That just shows the bond of this Senior class.

Impressed with Troy stepping up. And to both sides of the line, you did great! Jacob is looking better every week!

Bobcats, you've got to work on the penalites. Too many for the game coming up. You know your stuff. Just focus on this coming week and take care of business.

It wouldn't have mattered what the team knew before the game.  We won in spite of ourselves, tonight, thanks to a dominating defense.  This was by far our worst game as far as execution, turnovers, penalties, and just not playing smart.  The guys seemed a little flat.  Fortunately, we were still able to pull out the victory.

Creek Wood is a first class group with a very nice stadium and facilities.  I was highly impressed with what you guys have built.  Best high school stadium and amenities I have seen since moving to TN 4 years ago.

Creek Wood also has a very good football team.  Their defensive line was very impressive and gave us quite a bit of trouble.  A lot of our failures tonight were a direct result of Creek Wood's D-line. 

But, as others will find out, if you just try to key on Herndon and shut him down, then we have 3 or 4 other weapons who will burn you.  That is what happened tonight.  Great job by Clint Russell until his injury and also by Troy Dill who filled in very ably for him tonight.  Also, Jacob Aldridge made them pay a few times on key runs. 

Defense won this game for us.  They only allowed about 6 first downs all night.

Hope all is alright with Clint and Kyle.  Time will tell how long they will be out.

825346308[/snapback]

I couldn't have said it any better. CW can easily be dominate in this Region.

We need to take what positives that we can and prepare for the next. I've never seen this group make so many major mistakes. We had a TD called back, an INT at the goal, and gave the ball back with a roughing the kicker. Not to mention more holding calls in one game than for the entire year. But we came away with the "W" on the road against a good team.

Hats off to the defensive line!!! I didn't realize just how dominate they were until I watched the game again. Some of those tackles were down right scary.

Great job Clint and Troy.

I'll be surprised if you don't see Clint and Kyle back shortly.