Maryville vs. William Blount

RebelRaider

I think any of the WB coaches would tell you, and probably plenty of players as well, that preparation is not the issue. The issue is that WB, as a team, has no heart and no leadership. How does anyone build a program around a team, again as a whole, that has no heart, drive or dignity. Watch some WB games and you will see players walking on and off the field, laughing with their pals and girlfriends and talking about what they are going to do after they change. Meadows is not the issue.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So WB is lacking heart? That's not surprising really. It's hard to instill a winning tradition or a winning spirit in a team that has never established itself as a proven winner. Someone said earlier in this thread that WB had experienced some recent success and is now bottoming out, but in the overall scheme of things Blount has never really been a contender with the likes of Maryville.

I've seen this same attitude across several sports at that school over a number of years. I'm not sure what it is about WB, but people have always claimed that they lack heart. Someone needs to go ask coach Baumann how he took a basketball team of underachievers, weeded out the players with bad attitudes, and then created a team whose total was greater than the sum of its players. That's what needs to happen to WB's football team right now. And beyond that the school needs to stick with a coach that will stick with the team over the long haul so that he can instill a system that will yield results in the future.

I just hope that the pieces of talent like my boy Oz who are on that team don't give up and jump ship to some other school at season's end hoping to cash in on some quicker success. It would be nice for MHS to have some legit in county opponents such that WB would not be scheduled as the homecoming opponent...that's just insulting.

don't mind the name, i am a wb student i didn't say fan, i think that williamblount has speed in the backfield,ronald osborne,brad walker,aaron keener,a.j. carlson, i will even mention bryan franklin, but what they lack and coach meadows even told the boys this" men we have talent, we have a great ball club, we even have a great supporting fan group, but what we don't have is HEART"....i think maryville has lot of heart and talent... i say maryville by i don't even wanna know....

Papa and FBE, you're both right on. Good break down FBE. You're right to use the word "hate". The WB kids do hate Maryville and have since the late 80's/early 90's. The beat us a couple of times around that time and all of a sudden it was a rivalry to them. I remember them coming over to Maryville and painting stuff all over the stadium in 88 or 89 I believe. The got crushed for that.

Let's be clear and look at facts....oh to heck with it. You all know what the overall record is. It's a waste of time to discuss it. Take every game one at a time, yes. We all know how this one should end though.

I wanna see Hunt play a bunch and hopefully early in the 3rd. I've been told I'm missing something special. thumb

Your not, Go to a freshman game and you will see the future QB!!!

825350150[/snapback]

You are right......he may be a future Maryville QB if he remains at Maryville. He needs to develope touch and a 5.8 forty time needs to improve significanly. Definately has a cannon for an arm and at 6'2" he can see down field.

He reminds me of a MHS QB from the past......I believe his name is Steve Jacobs. Steve could over throw the fastest receivers in the state.........and usually did.

You are right......he may be a future Maryville QB if he remains at Maryville. He needs to develope touch and a 5.8 forty time needs to improve significanly. Definately has a cannon for an arm and at 6'2" he can see down field.

He reminds me of a MHS QB from the past......I believe his name is Steve Jacobs. Steve could over throw the fastest receivers in the state.........and usually did.

825350182[/snapback]

If he wants to be a champion, he'll stay. 5.8 is slow for a lineman. He is gonna have to improve that. :lol: