Chattanooga Central @ Tyner

POUNDERMAN44

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No excuses this time. Tyner lined up and beat us. They put woods out on central first offensive play and it was all downhill from there. It's the first time I have seen central not even have a chance. Great game tyner and good luck in the future.

825355394[/snapback]

...Just a few comments and observations about the game last night...I really hope that Woods recovers from his ankle injury...You really need to just focus on your Region games and put this one behind you...Central's "Defense" stayed on the field a long time(especially in the 2nd quarter) and it showed in the latter stages of the game...Hambrick's(QB) passes were not sharp...the receivers were not open and I think it was due to the RAMS' aggressive pursuit( Rutley's sacks and Hendricks'(LB) penetration)...this was the lowest point total for the Pounders this year( I stated earlier that this game would be won on DEFENSE)...after watching the game in 2003 and last night, I still maintain that Central's Offense was better last year( it appears that you have more weapons but they are less effective)...I say that because in 2003 Total Yards gained against a "bigger" Ram Defence was 188 and last night it was only 77...I do believe also that your coaches were "out-coached" by the RAMS staff...most of the the time our running game will get the job done, however, last night it was a balanced attack and Central just could not adjust...I thought the Pounders would score on the 1st possession after the half but nothing materialized until 4:36 remained in the game...

...Good Luck to the Pounders the rest of the way...hopefully you will use this game to build on and as a beginning to your 2nd season!!!!

Just to let all yall know...yes the defense of central did stay on the field along time b/c the rams just played it tough for us on offensive...but i will say one standout was brent hayes..i have his stats: 22 solo tackles/7 for loss...This was his turn around game from his injury in the 2003 game..just wait...Cleveland and Rhea...Hayes is back in business