David Lipscomb At Springfield

timbdp

Scissors could you be jealous, the word means ,unhappy because another has something one would like; envious. You must be , I recruited my son to go to Lipccomb , been there since the first grade. Lipscomb good because they work at it. The coach'es and the parent's support the kids 100%. So get off this recruiting crap and talk football. Good Luck Mustang !!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scissors could you be jealous, the word means ,unhappy because another has something one would like; envious. You must be , I recruited my son to go to Lipccomb , been there since the first grade. Lipscomb good because they work at it. The coach'es and the parent's support the kids 100%. So get off this recruiting crap and talk football. Good Luck Mustang !!!

825349140[/snapback]

Hooked on Phonics worked for me!

Where did this Easttnfootballexpert come from? Please stay on the Alcoa threads and off this one. I am really getting tired of this non-sense. Lipscomb has owned East Tennessee the last few years. They have de-railed your "Ram Train", They beat Alcoa like a drum. They won 27 games the last two seasons with One AA Championship, and a AA runer- up. That loss was to a fine Huntingdon team that caught the Mustangs on a rather bad night but were probably the best team that day. But that was then and this is now....These Mustangs are thinking revenge. They passed the only test they will have until the Blue Cross Bowl on Friday night by kicking the cougars. I just hope Huntingdon has a worthy team to bring to the Blue Cross Bowl.

Now as for this weeks game well let me say it like this. They will go through Springfield like a green apple through a bowel.

Some people thought this team would go down with the departure of a couple of assistant coaches....How wrong they were.....The Mustangs have tradition....and an ole coach by the name of McCaddams....enough said. They have been winning for 20 years....no reason to stop now...."Can you hear the stampede coming?"

Lets take it easy now knowitall. It was a huge win Friday night , however, it is a long season and anything can happen. To say that there is no one left to test them until the Blue Cross Bowl is ridiculous. In the playoffs they will face either Tyner or Goodpasture.....or possibly both. So it will be no cakewalk. The Stangs will need to get better every week, and i am sure that they dont have your attitude and will do just that.

1)  Wow!  I am surprised that someone with your grammatical disfluency could even use a dictionary.  Congratulations (the word means the act of expressing joy or acknowledgment, as for the achievement or good fortune of another.)

2)  You said you recreuited your son to Lipscomb, so you are admitting that you recruit.  I hope TSSAA checks this board.

3) Then you must be implying that any school that is not good does not work hard, and they have coaches (not to be confused with "coach'es") and parents (not to be confused with "parent's") that do not support their kids 100%.  Social Darwinism at its best.  I bet you love W.

4) I am pretty sure that recruiting plays a major part of football.  At least it does for Lipscomb.

825349798[/snapback]

You have some issues. May I recommend you get some counseling ASAP.

As much as I like college football, lets get back to Friday night football, shall we?  Alright, it seems Greenbrier has more support for Springfield than Springfield does.  I don't know if there are any Springfielders out there, but if there aren't I guess we can go back and forth with the Bobcat fans, they got enough spunk in 'em for two teams.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this game will have some third string recruits on the field by the middle of the third.

825348934[/snapback]

Bombsquad--now don't go trying to say we're "cozy" with Springfield, (you must not know the Greenbrier-Springfield rivalry). I just kinda have a teensy-weensy bit of sympathy for them as a co-county team. ;) Besides, DL is doing just fine on their own. They don't need ANY sympathy. thumb

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

Nice try, vandy1, but you cannot deflect your guilt with a failed attempt at humor.  Are you trying to tell me that Lipscomb doesn't accept students that are not products of their own Kindergarten?  Come on.  I know they're elitists, but they're not so exclsuive that they'd miss an opportunity to improve their football team.  I know for a fact that you guys had several off the last two years' teams that were not at Lipscomb prior to middle school.

825349818[/snapback]

Scissors,

Have you ever been to DL? Have you ever actually been in the school, and not just at the athletic complex? And I use the term "complex" loosely; if they are recruiting then thay are sure not luring them in by the dozens with their fine facilities. Your comments are typical of someone who has no clue of what he/she is talking about. You think you know, but that's where it gets dangerous.

What the brilliant mind of vandy1 was trying to say was simple: DL's kids are predominantly a product of the Lipscomb community. Most families send their kids to DL because it's where they went, or their family went, or both. The school's been around for well over a century, and is not one of these white-flight, Johnny-come-lately types that is seeking to make an immediate impact on the scene both athletically and academically while also weeding out any undesirables. Some of their kids came after Kindergarten, but that's simply the nature of urban schools, both public and private.

Edited by Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Jr.

Nice try, vandy1, but you cannot deflect your guilt with a failed attempt at humor.  Are you trying to tell me that Lipscomb doesn't accept students that are not products of their own Kindergarten?  Come on.  I know they're elitists, but they're not so exclsuive that they'd miss an opportunity to improve their football team.  I know for a fact that you guys had several off the last two years' teams that were not at Lipscomb prior to middle school.

825349818[/snapback]

Why are you so bitter? Last week twittycanes blasted church people and now you are blasting Lipscomb for recruiting. Do I have my child in the correct school?

To Lipscomb tailgaiters: One word.....Awesome!

825349818[/snapback]

The China Rice Monster was born and raised in the confines of the lipscomb family we didnt recruit him we raised him thats why he dominates. ;)

825349818[/snapback]

It was attempt as a smart aleck comment response to your statements about Lipscomb Recruiting. My personal family has had a Lipscomb connection since 1933. I have had sons on the team dating back to 1998 and one who was a senior on the 2002 State Championship team. I can only think of two off that team that was not on the 8th grade team. One came in as a 9th grader. His grandfather was a VP at the University and his mother also worked on campus. It was his intention and the family intention that he would come to Lipscomb. The other came in as a either a Sophomore or as a Junior. He attended church with many of the players. The only thing he did was kick offs, PAT's and Field goals his senior year. You have examples in mind then name them. If you cannot, then you need to not comment. If you can-lets see if there is a story behind each one.