McMinn County -vs- McMinn Central

TribeFan

McMinn is coming off of 3 consecutive losses and only has scored 9 points in those 3 games. Central is playing tonight against Sequoyah and is 1-2 coming into tonight. This has not been much of a game the past 5 years and McMinn has dominated the overall series since the early '70's. Can McMinn actually score some points this week againist this AAA team or does Central shock the 5-A cross creek rival McMinn with a win in Athens.

This is the first McMinn team since 1948 to go three games without scoring a touchdown, does this week appear to be an opportunity for the Tribe to get a win and build some confidence before mighty Oak Ridge comes to town? Who wins and why? GO TRIBE!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O great Red81KPSmash I thought you had maybe fallen in the Tennessee River since it has been so long since you have blessed us with one of your most educated post. Maybe after your game last week the river and the nearest bridge has been a real thought. Central (2-2) actually has a better record coming into this game then the Tribe (1-3) does and have scored a whole lot more points then we have.

Central will come to Athens with alot of confidence and with an upset on their mind, if the Tribe does not play any better than they have played the last few weeks that could be a possibility. I hope McMinn comes out and has a good offensive performance and puts 60 on the board becuse OR comes calling the next week and the 60 could very well be on their side of the scoreboard. GO TRIBE!!!!

Central is a very improved football team this year. Like McMinn, they have a tough defense, but both struggle to put points on the board offensively. Central had a breakout game offensively Monday night but I wonder how they will bounce back with such a short week of practice. I believe it will be a low scoring game with the tribe on top by 14 points.

Central is a very improved football team this year.  Like McMinn, they have a tough defense, but both struggle to put points on the board offensively.  Central had a breakout game offensively Monday night but I wonder how they will bounce back with such a short week of practice.  I believe it will be a low scoring game with the tribe on top by 14 points.

825350086[/snapback]

Please pass the "No-Doze" for this game.

Edited by shannon

Tell me how smart this is on McMinn's part? The team that they will be playing this Friday night ( McMinn Central) was playing a game on Monday night in Etowah, TN approx. 15 minutes from Athens. And not ONE McMinn player went to the game! If you had an opportunity to watch your opponent play 4 days before you play them, would you not go? This is crazy and possibly why this team is 1-3. They don't use their head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tribefan, it is hard to get all 'Keed up over this one because it always ends ugly. Cherokees score and score and then score some more and win by 60!!!

825349658[/snapback]

Well, the way our offense has been playin, we would be lucky to get half or 60! We havent done anything on offense lately. Including 50 yards, yes 50 YARDS of total offense vs Farragut, i know it was pouring, but come on, tell me you cant get more than 50 yards of total offense. Red81, wish you was here.

yea. well i think that McMinn will win 56-3. on a James Carr's breakout game. 200+ yards passing.

825350462[/snapback]

You went way out on a limb there. Red81, we need you here. You were the man at MCHS. We would probably be 3-1 if you were here.

I say McMinn will have a struggle because they just aren't up to par on offensive nor defense. I HOPE McMinn comes out on top here!