Lavergne

Googlybear

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Googlybear,

There aren't many of us Lavergne fans on here that I can find, but thats ok, you have to stick by them even in the bad years ( but enough already). LOL They just need to learn to play 48 minutes of football each and every friday night. They have some good talent but it is not being used properly. I don't like to "armchair coach" as I am a fan and not the actual coach but sometimes you really have to wonder about some of the play calls. I refer specifically to last weeks loss to Siegel when Lavergne is down 8-0, 7 seconds left in the game when Lavergne gets the ball back inside their own 10 yard line. You know it is the last play of the game and a long shot to score a TD and convert the two for a tie but how many coaches call a QB option instead of launching a bomb and hope for the best? Like I said I am not the coach but at least give it a shot, what do you have to lose? They ended up fumbling the ball on the option play when Harvey pitched it out and Siegel recovered, luckily it was to muddy for the guy to stay on his feet after the fumble recovery or it would have been 14-0.

I want to say I am a La Vergne alumni and football player, class of 03' same year as chris grimes, crutchfield, vincent brown, troupe etc. It was stressfull than for us just like i bet it is for the kids now. We had so much talent, and could score with the best of them, we just couldnt tackle. I only had one year with Coach Thomas, and the man is great. I bet it is frustrating for him. I only went to one game this year, cuz my brother no longer plays, but it seems like they cant play all 4 quarters, they were up 14-0 to oakland, and they let that lead fall through. Much people dont know, but Marsalous Johnson of Smyrna (UT commitment), and Jeremy Mimms of Blackman are supposed to both be at La Vergne, these 2 kids would help out La Vergne a lot, but kids transfering will hurt any program. A lot of other schools have had feeder programs for awhile in Middle School, La Vergne is just now getting one in La Vergne Middle, and Rock Springs a few years ago. Having middle school programs cshould help out La Vergne in a few years hopefully.

i have a question for you guys, i played against lavergne 2 years when i was in high school. my freshman and sophmore years which were 95 and 96 i think, well i was in the same grade as the outstanding tailback they had rashad howse. what ever happened to that guy, he was the best tailback i ever played against in my 4 years and i played against a lot of them like todd howard, luke powell (option qb for symrna), daniel and josh bullocks from hixson now playing for nebraska and demetruis fields for cleveland high school. those were all outstanding backs but howse in my opinion was the best out them all. do you guys remember him and do you know where he is now?

Guest The_Siegel_Senior

Yes I also have a question for the Wolverines of LaVergne...Do you guys feel good beating our JV with yalls varsity? Im glad to know since yalls varsity couldnt beat ours that they could beat our JV....Congrats on a great win guys, because i know it feels oh soo good to beat a JV that consists of a lot of freshmen...Good job boys! Im so proud of you all, like I bet you all are...Walking around saying you guys won, leaving out the fact that the people that got their butts tapped our Varsity were the ones who beat our JV...I mean come on now that is absolutely pathetic that you have to pull something like that in order to get a W!!!! Now you truely are the laughing stock of the state, lost to our Varsity and then have to play yalls Varsity to beat our JV/freshmen team because our Coach played the freshmen almost the entire game....Great guys yall are and yall are All-American athletes running up the score on a JV with a Varisty team!!!!!! Yall are pathetic!!!

Guest The_Siegel_Senior

Wow, no one would like to respond....Nothing new from LaVergne fans...Im being to believe that yall dont understand the internet up there or something....Its easy you sign on go to Coacht.com, make a log in...and then go from there...I mean i know some LaVergne people know how to use the net, I talk to some of them on it so that cant be it...Maybe yall just have no pride in yalls football team, even though I would have to say I cant blame yall one single bit...I mean I know we have no room to talk about a bad record but heck we stick by our boys through the thick and the thin...Sometimes I wander if yall were having a good season if we might see some comments coming out of yalls direction...But the chances of yall having a good season are very slim to none....Yall have all these "great athletes" as I hear them call themselves but yet I havent been impressed by any of them...After the lose to Oakland when they came back on yall...must have been difficult but then to lose to Siegel, I wander why yall continue to play, Im serious I do believe if I was a player of the team to give Siegel their first win I just might quit...But honestly i would like to see some people comment on the LaVergne football team, or lack there of...I will have to say though, the 5 fans that were at the Siegel LaVergne game were semi-loud, considering the fact I could count them on one hand...Its bad when a team travels 30 minutes across town, has more fans than you when its your home field...is louder than you, and then beats you while you look on in shock and amazement...Then you let us trash yalls field, just watch us slide in glory and triumph...hahahaha, I would like to say thanks though because the first win in school history felt oh so good and I am sooooo glad that I didnt sissy out and not go because of the rain because I would have been mad to miss the first win in Siegel High history....But yes I must return to class now and do some work....Even though I still manage to pass when I spend more time on here than I do in any class haha....

Come on now man, only thing worse than a bad loser, is a worse winner. Congrats on your guys first win, Im not taking away from any of u guys. I havent been a La Vergne student and player for a few years nows, and havent been to any of the games really to say whats wrong with them. But you dont have to get on here and talk to people from La Vergne like we are a bunch of darn idiots.

I agree with you lucky13k...

Obviously that guy is more obsessed with tooting his own horn and talking about how great he is as a fan and how good he is to slide across a field after his team wins. Regardless of who wins a game, I always have respect for students who participate in a sport and have enough guts to show up and practice everyday and work hard. No need to downgrade or rip someone, just play the game....have some class.

Wow, no one would like to respond....Nothing new from LaVergne fans...Im being to believe that yall dont understand the internet up there or something....Its easy you sign on go to Coacht.com, make a log in...and then go from there...I mean i know some LaVergne people know how to use the net, I talk to some of them on it so that cant be it...Maybe yall just have no pride in yalls football team, even though I would have to say I cant blame yall one single bit...I mean I know we have no room to talk about a bad record but heck we stick by our boys through the thick and the thin...Sometimes I wander if yall were having a good season if we might see some comments coming out of yalls direction...But the chances of yall having a good season are very slim to none....Yall have all these "great athletes" as I hear them call themselves but yet I havent been impressed by any of them...After the lose to Oakland when they came back on yall...must have been difficult but then to lose to Siegel, I wander why yall continue to play, Im serious I do believe if I was a player of the team to give Siegel their first win I just might quit...But honestly i would like to see some people comment on the LaVergne football team, or lack there of...I will have to say though, the 5 fans that were at the Siegel LaVergne game were semi-loud, considering the fact I could count them on one hand...Its bad when a team travels 30 minutes across town, has more fans than you when its your home field...is louder than you, and then beats you while you look on in shock and amazement...Then you let us trash yalls field, just watch us slide in glory and triumph...hahahaha, I would like to say thanks though because the first win in school history felt oh so good and I am sooooo glad that I didnt sissy out and not go because of the rain because I would have been mad to miss the first win in Siegel High history....But yes I must return to class now and do some work....Even though I still manage to pass when I spend more time on here than I do in any class haha....

825351298[/snapback]

there is a difference bewteen showing class in victory and gloating, i think that is one the gloating side, act like you have won before man(oh thats right you havent) :D

Yes I also have a question for the Wolverines of LaVergne...Do you guys feel good beating our JV with yalls varsity? Im glad to know since yalls varsity couldnt beat ours that they could beat our JV....Congrats on a great win guys, because i know it feels oh soo good to beat a JV that consists of a lot of freshmen...Good job boys! Im so proud of you all, like I bet you all are...Walking around saying you guys won, leaving out the fact that the people that got their butts tapped our Varsity were the ones who beat our JV...I mean come on now that is absolutely pathetic that you have to pull something like that in order to get a W!!!! Now you truely are the laughing stock of the state, lost to our Varsity and then have to play yalls Varsity to beat our JV/freshmen team because our Coach played the freshmen almost the entire game....Great guys yall are and yall are All-American athletes running up the score on a JV with a Varisty team!!!!!! Yall are pathetic!!!

825351104[/snapback]

825351298[/snapback]

siegel senior also has personal ties to Lavergne so its just that much sweeter for him when we won  i dont believe he was tryin to do anything else but give lavergne a lil of what they were doin to him before the game

825351636[/snapback]

and while i can understand how it must feel to beat your former school, but you dont run them into the ground by saying stuff such as "why do you guys even have a football team" and "yall are pathetic" win and lose with class, that doesnt mean you cant talk smack but the line has got to be drawn somewhere