Lavergne

Googlybear

Guest region4fan

Vols#1...............I had forgotten about Rashad Howse from LAvergne. He was a total stud...........huge, strong, and nearly impossible to bring down. He would also flat run over whoever was trying to bring him down. I remember once seeing him lower that head and take on a guy nearly his size and flat laid the guy out. He of course scored and it was about 15 minutes before they could get the kid to even sit up on the field. I had heard that the kid could have gone about anywhere but didn't have the grades. Seems like he ended up at Carson-Newman or somewhere like that?? He also had a brother that did well at lavergne. I don't remeber his last name , but they called him "D". He was good too, but not nearly as commanding as Howse. Those are some good memories......thanks for the reminder!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I still believe that was big mistake on Donnie's part. Would have seen playing time immediatley at Vandy more than likely, and having a degree from Vandy would get you in pretty much anywhere. His dad and family are huge Alabama fans, so it made his dad proud seeing him wear that Crimson.

Yea, I still believe that was big mistake on Donnie's part. Would have seen playing time immediatley at Vandy more than likely, and having a degree from Vandy would get you in pretty much anywhere. His dad and family are huge Alabama fans, so it made his dad proud seeing him wear that Crimson.

825351878[/snapback]

well when you are 18 you tend to think about that but rather wheres the best fit for you, im sure he will say with a lot more pride than he would had he gone to vandy

I probably would have gone to Bama too. I've always dreamed of going to UT, and if I had offers from Vandy and UT, I'd chose UT even if I didn't get to play much just because I've dreamed of running through the "T" and being part of the team: kinda like Jim Bob Cooter from Lincoln County.

region4fan you are right howse was as good as anyone in the state. i remember that guy like it was yesterday, i remember thinking god this kid is my age. when i was a freshman howse was as well, we went to lavergene and played them the second game of the season and he broke the first play straight up the middle for 80 yard td. he proceded to run for 250 yards and 3 td's in what had to only be his 1st or 2nd high school game ever. the next year they came to our stadium and we drew up a game plan solely to stop him. me and the other OLB were ordered to run straight to him and tackle him every play no matter if he had the ball or not (a task i dreaded but not feared). well we did our job for the most part and held him to 150 yardsand 2 td's. the guy just wasnt human, and dont get me started on mario kelso, that guy played the free saftey position better than anyone i ever saw in high school.

Guest region4fan

I think Howse was part of the most successful team that Lavergne has ever had. He was phenomenal, and utterly fearless. I was thinking Grimes was the best to ever come out of Lavergne, but I guess there is no one that outdoes Howse. I think he may still hold all the records there too.

Kelso was a player as well...........

im not a big fan of lavergne either but let it go man, you guys won and im sure it was great to get the win on the road and your 1st in school history but just move on