IS IT TIME TO REPLACE SHEPARD AT KNOX HALLS

FOOTBALLISLIFE

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ron,

I think a better question would be what kind of talent did they have on the 96 team as compared to the current team. You give the coaching staff at Halls the same talent that you're working with in maryville and I guaranteee you they would produce similar results to GQ and company.

I can't beleive some of the people in Halls are thinking this way. I may get on here and rag some people and Halls sometimes, but honestly they don't have the talent pool they had 10 years ago. Let's just say they have been short changed in the gene pool. How many players do they have that will play after high school? How many players do they have that are over 6'0"? How many player do they have that run under a 4.8? How many players do they have that bench over 250 lbs? How many players do they have that have more than a 20" verticle? I wish the Halls coaching staff luck. Gary Shephard is a good coach. I don't always agree with everything he does, but he is a good coach.

I'm not sure it's Shepard that needs to change, but there does need to be some changes made obviously. Philosophy changes and personnel changes typically mean coach changes. Maybe you're right, maybe it is time.

I will suggest again that it's not just shepard. That area has no real feeder program. That's the real problem. Because of that, there's no loyalty in the ranks. I'll use Maryville because it's what I know. If a kid starts with the Southerns in Maryville, there's a darn good chance he'll be playing on Friday's at Skeet Field one day.

The football community has no sense of itself out there. It's several programs instead of one unit form bottom to top. There's your problem. Now, if you wanna argue that the head coach should foster those relationships and therefore it's his fault, I won't argue with that at all.

I'm not sure it's Shepard that needs to change, but there does need to be some changes made obviously.  Philosophy changes and personnel changes typically mean coach changes.  Maybe you're right, maybe it is time.

I will suggest again that it's not just shepard.  That area has no real feeder program. That's the real problem.  Because of that, there's no loyalty in the ranks.  I'll use Maryville because it's what I know.  If a kid starts with the Southerns in Maryville, there's a darn good chance he'll be playing on Friday's at Skeet Field one day.

The football community has no sense of itself out there.  It's several programs instead of one unit form bottom to top.  There's your problem.  Now, if you wanna argue that the head coach should foster those relationships and therefore it's his fault, I won't argue with that at all.

825350979[/snapback]

Do you know anything about the Halls community? These kids at Halls now dominated the Youth programs for the last 15 years. It was not until recently that they were not the top teams in youth football.

Do you know anything about the Halls community?  These kids at Halls now dominated the Youth programs for the last 15 years.  It was not until recently that they were not the top teams in youth football.

825350988[/snapback]

Do YOU know anything about Halls? A complete layman that knows nothing about football could see that the GREATNESS your speaking of is not making it's way to Halls High School. So my point still stands...greatness means nothing if it doesn't stay at home. thumb