White House 29 Greenbrier 14

dandy82

The White House website is updated with everything from last night's game with Greenbrier, and also has a preview story for Northeast. I was not able to track down any decent stats for Northeast, however.

Official WH Site

The Tennessean also has a photo gallery of last night's game which is good. You can link to it from our site.

Unfortunately, Jessica Hopp of The Tennessean was off in her story on stats by quite a bit. Ricky Ladd did not have 100 yards.

Thanks for your support of the website, our school and our boys.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I thought the best team lost. This year there was no question the best team won. Congratulations to White House. You have a very impressive football team.

I knew the QB Levering and the RB Ladd were good, but White House has a great receiver in #84 Harmon. Granted, Levering threw some outstanding passes, but Harmon is a player that makes the White House offense complete. Their line on both sides of the ball also did an outstanding job. Greenbrier has done a great job all year getting in opposing teams backfield. Not this game.

I will give credit where credit is due. Great game plan by White House and they were the better team this year......again. Our feelings may be hurt right now, but I know this group of kids will recover and finish out the year strong.

Good luck the rest of the way to White House. Your neighbors will be pulling for you.

Hopefully my Bobcats will put this game behind them and focus on the rest of our schedule, which are all region games.

These are the types of boards that make CoachT such an enjoyable site. Dandy82 , you have certainly provided much enjoyment for another "70"s kid and Coach Hard, you have once again proven what a Class Act you are. Both of you represent your schools extremely well. Coach Hard, we look forward to hosting you and your men on Oct. 8.

I know the Greenbrier fans and players are disappointed, but this is just one game, and should make both teams stronger for greater challenges that this season should bring for both teams.

I know there is plenty of season left this year, but I can't wait til next, because this game could take on a whole new meaning and "streaks" really won't matter.

I for one have never been more proud of the Bobcats. The way the first half went for you, all WH. Then the second half was a totally different game, heart and pride was on the line and you came through, best wishes to both programs the rest of the season.

Edited by OLEGUY

I wasn't able to make it to the game until there was 3:19 left on the clock. I had been playing volleyball and busted my butt to get there even though my guys were behind by 16. Bobcats, this game would have been great to win, but ya know, you win some you lose some. Put this behind you and focus on the region games yall have coming up. I have faith in you along with the rest of GB.

Dandy - I think I like you, lol. I love the songs you write, even though they're about my team.

Good Luck to both Greenbrier and White House in the coming weeks!!

Dandy82 why cant u be a Greenbrier fan....lol can u make us a song lol j/k..........I ust want to make a comment about the White House fans. I know they was excited about the big lead at half.....and i agree i would have to be excited to....But what some of the young and old fans did was whill the bobcats was coming off the field at half..White House fans yelling ***OVER RATED*** The team has nothing to do how the polls rank them and i think that the Greenbrier fans would never gt to a level of doing that....I want to here some White House fans on this one because there was old and young doing it... any comments? This is right beside the Bobcat players to.....not trying to argue just wanting some comments thumb

Edited by Touchdown4Bobcats

Dandy82 why cant u be a Greenbrier fan....lol can u make us a song lol j/k..........I ust want to make a comment about the White House fans. I know they was excited about the big lead at half.....and i agree i would have to be excited to....But what some of the young and old fans did was whill the bobcats was coming off the field at half..White House fans yelling ***OVER RATED*** The team has nothing to do how the polls rank them and i think that the Greenbrier fans would never gt to a level of doing that....I want to here some White House fans on  this one because there was old and young doing it... any comments?  This is right beside the Bobcat players to.....not trying to argue just wanting some comments  thumb

825356450[/snapback]

Touchdownforbobcats, I am a Greenbrier fan..... nine out of ten weeks and in the playoffs. I heard the young fans on our side of the field yelling overrated. I wasn't down on the field level at the half, so I really can't speak to anyone down there. I saw a bunch of kids havin' fun. I'm not to sure I'd take it too personal, and I'm pretty sure you don't know what every Greenbrier fan would say or do if WH lost. I'd say some of your fans could become fairly excitable and may say a few things that a few of the WH fans may find offensive, but I'd tell our fans the same. Chill out. Let them have fun.

Dandy82 why cant u be a Greenbrier fan....lol can u make us a song lol j/k..........I ust want to make a comment about the White House fans. I know they was excited about the big lead at half.....and i agree i would have to be excited to....But what some of the young and old fans did was whill the bobcats was coming off the field at half..White House fans yelling ***OVER RATED*** The team has nothing to do how the polls rank them and i think that the Greenbrier fans would never gt to a level of doing that....I want to here some White House fans on  this one because there was old and young doing it... any comments?  This is right beside the Bobcat players to.....not trying to argue just wanting some comments  thumb

825356450[/snapback]

I'll get flack for this, but right now I really don't care. A win's a win. White House beat us with good playmaking, but that's where it stopped. Most of the time I'm a "secondary" Blue Devil fan, BUT after watching the way they win, I can't believe how class-less they get. Dancing on our logo last year and chanting "underrated" at half-time shows a program that is not "just having fun" but needs a attitude adjustment. If Coach Porter is in agreement to all of that and won't change their attitude, I'm all for whoever plays them to serve it up.

I'm proud of you, Bobcats. Forget it and move on.

Obviously, GreenbrierCat2, you can't forget.

I don't know if you noticed, but the score was 29-0 at the half. Also don't know if you noticed, but we didn't score anymore and really didn't go to the pass again until the end of the game, when we needed to regain field position. Now, and you can disagree if you wish, but if we kept the ball in the air the 2nd half, we would have had a few more points. So I don't understand your statement of " after watching the way they win, I can't believe how classless they get".

It is your right to disagree with the actions of some of the fans, but to disparage our coaching staff because you're a little miffed at a few words makes you sound a little petty.

Please, find another team as your second.

P.S. I don't hold any other Greenbrier fan or coach responsible for the bitterness of GreenbrierCat2.