Antioch At Gallatin

timbdp

Gallatin's defense was incredible. They would have shut out any team I've seen with that effort.

OK, if Shipley's not the best player, then RC Smith may be. He controlled Odigie all night. He is emotional. He is tough. He is mean. He pancakes enough people to work for IHOP.

Coker, at full speed, would not have made enough difference last night for Antioch to win. The problem is Adams at QB is weak. You can't be one dimensional and defeat Gallatin with that defensive effort.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gallatin's defense was incredible. They would have shut out any team I've seen with that effort.

OK, if Shipley's not the best player, then RC Smith may be. He controlled Odigie all night. He is emotional. He is tough. He is mean. He pancakes enough people to work for IHOP.

Coker, at full speed, would not have made enough difference last night for Antioch to win. The problem is Adams at QB is weak. You can't be one dimensional and defeat Gallatin with that defensive effort.

825364885[/snapback]

I too was surprised with Adams. I thought he was going to be a difference maker.

What are the chances that these teams meet again? If they do, right now it will be played in Gallatin. But there is a long way to go before that senerio can happen.

Guest region4fan

Great win for ya Gwave.............I am so proud for your boys! Everyone seemed to count them out so I am glad they showed everyone what they were made of.That should definitely climb you in the polls and be a huge confidence booster for your boys.

You should love metro schools, yall's best player, Shipley, came from one, remember.  :lol:

If Shipley don't play last night, Gallatin don't beat Antioch. It would still be 0 - 0.  :D

825364797[/snapback]

Shipley is no longer a metro kid. His blood now runs GREEN with PRIDE! Can't blame him for where he came from, but we sure are glad he is now on our side!

One more comment about this game and then I hope we start getting hyped for REVENGE WEEK!

Last week I considered the possibility of the week off really hurting our guys and contributing to injuries. Last night was possibly the toughest hitting game we had. To my knowledge no one walked away with any injury that will keep them from playing next week. Yes, several went into the night with injuries, and played their hearts out, but they all played to the end. Just some food for thought.

Hey region it was definitely huge for us. On the replay you could barely hear the announcers because of the crowd noise. I didn't even realize we were so loud. Calvin Short said it was the best defensive effort he has seen in a long time from this Green Wave squad. I can't wait to see the highlight tape at the end of the year, most games have that one or two huge bone jarring hits. Last night there were 10 or more.

After the painting of the stadium on our homecoming, the fuse is lit for the payback game this week. Disgust for metro teams has hit an all time high!! I know several coming back from college for this contest with mcgavock.

Guest region4fan

Painting your sign? What does that mean?

Sounds like the Wave Yard is back to its LOUD and forceful ways. Man. I always love to see a great hit! Sounds like your D was pumped. Huge mo for heading into Mcgav.....like yall needed the motivation. It is a shame that their old coach won't be there though.

Is Shipley the former raider?? Man, if so...this is HUGE!

Painting your sign? What does that mean?

Sounds like the Wave Yard is back to its LOUD and forceful ways. Man. I always love to see a great hit! Sounds like your D was pumped. Huge mo for heading into Mcgav.....like yall needed the motivation. It is a shame that their old coach won't be there though.

Is Shipley the former raider?? Man, if so...this is HUGE!

825365608[/snapback]

Region, we had a vandal paint a big "A" over the "G" at midfield, paint antioch on the artifical turf that the players stand on, paint antioch on the walls in front of the cheerleaders, and paint on the state championship sign that has been there forever on the visitor sign. The field and walls, I could careless about but the sign....now that sent a wave of anger all over me at work!! That sign is a testiment to every player, coach and fan that has ever been apart of the Green Wave tradition. I look at it every home game. Those championships were hard earned and for the people who have no respect for that , to try and destroy it just plain ticks me off!!! Luckily Lassiter got the paint off before game time. Not even spray paint can destroy the tradition.

Ironic isn't it. Shipley was the focus of the entire mcgavock controversy and now he leads Gallatin back to the home of the raiders. Lots of pain coming....lots!!! I hope metro's finest are in force, this could easily get very ugly!! :D

Guest region4fan

in other words...more hi-light clips coming!!!! I though that was the name of the kid that was at the middle of it all. i am glad that he is doing well. Maybe yall need to go over all your forms just to be sure b/f this one!

Painting anyone's anything is totally classless. What makes it sad is that you know it wasn't their football team that did it. The vandals aren't the ones who had to endure the wrath of the Wave either. Do you have security camera s on the field. if not.....may be time to install some.