Powell v Maryville

PUCKERUP

Like I said, as I recall. I wasn't at the Mowest game. I don't doubt it was a factor though. They had their most athletic team in years last year.

I agree with your assessment of size. If there's one thing our team is, it's fit, so I think you're absolutely correct. I guess my only concern is that Powell gets the ball first and then leans on our defense with the running game.

Granted, it's a very small concern. I don't see anyone doing what I mention above very effectively. I can always find at least one thing to worry about in every opponent. Even if they are successful with the ground game, their gonna have to match us TD fot TD. Powell isn't going to do that. thumb

Whatdayathink Papa?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck to powell's #6 and #3, i hope you can pull the upset . most of fountain city will be there.

oh yea, htv, you will get to see a team with more than 3 athletes on it this week.  :justwrestle:

825357850[/snapback]

john paul........if htv responds youll get to read a post from someone with more that 3 braincells.......unlike yourself

anyways, back to the game. powell cant compete with Maryville, and i dont even see this one being a close game. I guess our real test will come in four weeks against central. this will be an awesome game, helton is tough as always and they will be a great game. im looking forward to them coming to town. in my 4th block class today i had a teacher have enough gaul to say in front of an entire class that some people need to have class on here. not to mention any names but he coaches softball for the rebels, for some reason i think some of these comments were directed towards me, i got several stares during this speech. i think it was pretty crappy of this teacher to make a speech during a class about such things that have nothing to do with music, just a thought. anyone have any thoughts on whether this was appropriate for foundations of music?

well rebel raider...........speaking as a 46 yr old who got called to the principles office because a certain asst coaches wife couldnt handle a post

yes it was appropriate.........lol

heres the deal........if what your saying is true...........spew it to your hearts content..............if its an opinion ........say it all day

if its maliscious and slander and false......get a lawyer :P

in all seriousness ...........i jump on john paul because he feeds off of it....lol

too all others try to be objective..............

id say the only way your teacher could stop you is if your posting on school computors

Soooooooooo anyway.what im hearing from the rebel fans is that the panthers are just big and we dont have any athletes?

are maryville and central the only schools that have those?.

i dont know but id hate to look zane and logan and little john face to face and tell em there just big!.not to mention jared and lee and baron...............

and by the way...............leff and tyler and cody and jonathon and billy and brandon......and etc.etc.......your not athletes either......or at least not as good as blount co athletes.........at least by what im reading!

in the words of my shrink...how does that make you feel?

they sure didnt look like they had big strong athletes when they played Maryville. duckie didnt do crap and i think everyone knows what i think about brandon warren. powell isnt going to be able to compete with us, central will be our best test in the regular season because they are the only team that has something to offer, powell doesnt have anyone or anything that can possibly propose a threat to Maryville. we will wipe the field with the kittens this friday, ill give them one touchdown because the third team might not be able to compete with their starters,

Rebels 35

kittens 7

Powell traditionally doesn't have athletes such as Maryville and Central. They might this year, but the best athlete they've had in a while was the kid that went to Carson Newman, their running back, his name has slipped my mind at the moment. He was pretty fast I remember running track against him. Anyway I think that the game will be close going into halftime, but Maryville will pull away and make it look much worse than it actually was. As for Central...I think they need to shut their mouths and when game time comes they can put up or shut up, cause we know they haven't been able to put up since 1999!!! :P