Sequatchie County @ Meigs County

Sequatchie

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Great Directions from everybody, showed up a little earyly though not knowing

that it would only take 35 min to get there. Thanks a bunch everyone!

2) Great Region Game Meigs you actually wanted it a lot more than our boys did!

3) Crap- #2 Roberts is only a Soph!!! B)

4) Our defense didn't know what to do, no adjustment, nothing!!

The roll out pass that meigs did three times was wide open, I would have

thought after the first one that the D-Cord. would chew someone out, but

Meigs did it twice more and still no adjustment, I belive #7 WR could have

had 200 yrds rec. if they wanted to pass, but they didn't need to! ;)

5) Sequatchie County has yet to play all 4 qrts

6) Good game by Meigs, well played out and coached!

Come on Indians get your head out of your butts and start playing like you know how. It is disapointing to drive all that way to watch a game like that!

The clock guy did the same to us at the end of the first half when we were trying to get the third score.  We had 2 first downs with no clock stop at all.  I think he was just an idiot, cause he acted like he didn't know he was supposed to stop the clock after a first down when our coaches told him.

825364234[/snapback]

...If he was having that kind of a problem, the Head Referee should have taken him off the clock and let someone else do that particular duty...normally there is a "extra" official with the team...Is the clock controlled on the field or in the press box at Meigs Co. ????

...If he was having that kind of a problem, the Head Referee should have taken him off the clock and let someone else do that particular duty...normally there is a "extra" official with the team...Is the clock controlled on the field or in the press box at Meigs Co. ????

825364596[/snapback]

I belive it was on the sideline, bc a couple of times the line judge would go over and tell the ref on the sideline to wait 5 sec the next play b4 starting. And I wouldn't blame the clock on how shotty we played tonight. The clock may have played a factor at the end, but it wouldn't have helped! I hear Tyner had a good game of comeback! What did you think of Polk?

I belive it was on the sideline, bc a couple of times the line judge would go over and tell the ref on the sideline to wait 5 sec the next play b4 starting.  And I wouldn't blame the clock on how shotty we played tonight.  The clock may have played a factor at the end, but it wouldn't have helped!  I hear Tyner had a good game of comeback!  What did you think of Polk?

825364612[/snapback]

...Don't want to take too much space on this thread about Polk, but they are an excellent team and well coached...#32 is a "man-child" when running the ball...I have some more comments about Polk Co. and I will post them on the Tyner/Polk thread!!

...Congrats to Meigs Co. and even though Sequatchie lost, it looks like our Region 3-2a will be determined on the last day of the regular season!!!

Your defense did have a hard time adjusting to the spread formation. The linebackers had no clue where to go sometimes. Also it looked like they were keying on Robbie Corn #44 to much. We have other players out there that can run the ball almost as good. The coaches did a great job of switching it up, and making you respect the other players on the field. A lot of the players you saw were Soph., and most of the rest were Juniors, with a couple of freshman starting on defense. We only have I think 4 Seniors on the team. I may be wrong somebody correct me if I am.

Meigs had 5 first downs, around 60 yards of offense in the second half, most importantly no points, after getting around 225 yards, 10 first downs, 19 points in the first half. Adjustments were obviously made. It looked like shutting Cornelius down in the second half (8 carries for 8 yards) was the main reason Meigs didn't score although Miller and Roberts had some good plays in the first half.

Sequatchie lost because of several reasons all were related to Sequatchie... Meigs didn't beat them they beat themselves.

825364199[/snapback]

I really don't think the outcome would of changed. Meigs has a lot more offensive threats and plays that we didn't use because we didn't have to. The O-line was punishing your D-line so we went into clock mode early in the game. So what I am saying is that Meigs had more in their bag, but didn't need to pull it out.