Sequatchie County @ Meigs County

Sequatchie

Not trying to start anything here but please dont anyone from sequatchie say anything about officials anywhere.  I can remember one of our players getting thrown out at sequatcie because he was black--i remember last year at sequatchie meigs county got every big play they had called back( sequatchie still would have won but give me a break --what about last year when tyner played at sequatchie i think they had 4 or 5 tds called back.--Sequatchie has a very good football team but please-one thing someone from dunlap should never do is complain about officials when they play on the road.--About the player getting thrown out for being black it was such a bad call that nashville reversed the call and the player did not have to sit out the next game.

825358950[/snapback]

Wonder what the ref's signal would be? Are you kidding me, you actually belive that? Don't post that crap on here! Go somewhere else, don't post it here!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder what the ref's signal would be?  Are you kidding me, you actually belive that?  Don't post that crap on here!  Go somewhere else, don't post it here!

825359083[/snapback]

He was thrown out because the ref thought he threw a punch. He was Meig's best running back, but I would have to believe that him being black had nothing to do with it. The call was reversed by Nashville after reviewing the tape.

This game for me is up in the air. I am from Meigs and have seen every game. This game depends which team desides to show up for Meigs. At times this yr Meigs has looked great, but also at times, we look like we couldn't beat anybody. We are young, and you can tell by the ups and downs we have in a game. As far as holding on to the ball: Sequatchie better tell their players to double arm the ball. If the Mobryant brothers show up to play they will cause at least one fumble from linebacker. They are only Fresh. and Soph. so they have their ups and downs as well. This will be a good game and I can't wait.

Meigs - 21

Sequatchie - 14

Meigs wins it in the 4th.

Edited by jwinston

Not trying to start anything here but please dont anyone from sequatchie say anything about officials anywhere.  I can remember one of our players getting thrown out at sequatcie because he was black--i remember last year at sequatchie meigs county got every big play they had called back( sequatchie still would have won but give me a break --what about last year when tyner played at sequatchie i think they had 4 or 5 tds called back.--Sequatchie has a very good football team but please-one thing someone from dunlap should never do is complain about officials when they play on the road.--About the player getting thrown out for being black it was such a bad call that nashville reversed the call and the player did not have to sit out the next game.

825358950[/snapback]

I forgot to mention on my last post to you that the flags were thrown b4 the play even got started. How in the world would the ref know that Tyner was about to score? A reply would be nice!!!!!!!!!

Edited by SCHS#23

He was thrown out because the ref thought he threw a punch.  He was Meig's best running back, but I would have to believe that him being black had nothing to do with it.  The call was reversed by Nashville after reviewing the tape.

This game for me is up in the air.  I am from Meigs and have seen every game.  This game depends which team desides to show up for Meigs.  At times this yr Meigs has looked great, but also at times, we look like we couldn't beat anybody.  We are young, and you can tell by the ups and downs we have in a game.  As far as holding on to the ball: Sequatchie better tell their players to double arm the ball.  If the Mobryant brothers show up to play they will cause at least one fumble from linebacker.  They are only Fresh. and Soph. so they have their ups and downs as well.  This will be a good game and I can't wait.

Meigs - 21

Sequatchie - 14

Meigs wins it in the 4th.

825359184[/snapback]

I understand exactly what you are saying. The SC team that beat Grundy could win State; the team that lost to Marion was careless with the ball. The good thing about our team now is we have the ability to bounce back, before if we made a mistake the game was over, now they put it behind them and work hard to overcome. We have a lot of seniors and that helps, without that experience we would I'm sure be in the same boat.

I'm looking forward to both teams bringing their best game and may the best team win. Of course I'm a Sequatchie fan so I’ll be rooting for SCHS... GO INDIANS.

825358950[/snapback]

It’s unfortunate that you feel that way. I'm sure every team feels as though the ref's have made calls that at the time made us believe they were out to get us. However in my heart I have to believe they are only human and are doing the best they can without prejudice. (were all imperfect) I know at times I have felt as though the calls all went against us, and in the same breath the other team felt they were getting the short straw. They have a tough job no slow motion on the field, fast action and the calls are final. They do a great job, I know I wouldn't want to be in there shoes.

I think they had 2 or 3 at the most called back, and they were all called at the beginning of a play, before any back made it anywhere near the end zone. I believe all 3 were for holding and if a player hadn't been holding the runner may have been tackled before scoring. Who knows now? What someone was talking about on here, a player from South Pittsburg, one player, consistently held throughout the game but I think was called only one time. It did help their offense move the ball. Yes holding can usually be found but when it was one player doing it again and again it caused quite a bit of uproar along the fence last week. Another very bad call was when an out of position ref called a kickoff returner down at the 1 yard line, I was told someone in the stands was filming at the time and it was very clear to everyone that his knee was nowhere near touching the ground when he picked up the ball. Not only did it give them terrible field position but it took away what looked like was going to be a big return (the guy had gotten to about the 25 and was in the open when the whistles completely stopped the play).

Edited by Indian

825358950[/snapback]

The thing you have to look at, even if it calls back a touchdown, is the penalty the right call? Sequatchie had 2 called back against Bledsoe, one for pass interference and one for holding, and both were good calls. All the calls that were called against Tyner that brought back touchdowns were good calls no matter what the Free-Press tried to tell everybody. Like I said sometimes the big play wouldn't be made without holding or clipping, so in that case it's good it's called no matter who it is on. What specifically happened against Meigs last year ("every big play") and do you think those were bad calls? This year I had no big problems with the refs in the first three games-and one of those was a loss-but the last two have really been bad to watch. Both of those were wins by the way so it's not always about being mad at the refs after a loss.

Edited by Indian

Indian made some very valid points about the ref's. The problem with the player holding on every play I know the ref didn't want to call holding on every down but if the player is holding on every play, that can and will influence the game, and should be called every down if needed. They at times don't want to influence the game by throwing to many flags, but that too influences the game.

I understand the problems with out of position refs, if you have only 4 they will from time to time be out of position... But if they don't or can't see the play they shouldn't make a potentially important call.

Fortunately all the above mentioned, even though it did influence the game, it did not change the outcome.

After all this I believe they hold no malice towards one team or another and they do their job to the best of their ability. I believe if someone came and watched me work they could also point out a few things I need to work on.

I almost forgot Sequatchie Co by 3 td's.

Edited by SCnu-da

Can anyone give me directions to the game?  I'm leaving from Work (Near Hamilton Place)!!!!!!!! :lol:

825360684[/snapback]

If you don't want to go the long way around up Hwy 27 to Dayton and across HWy 30.

Would be from Hamilton Place take HWY 153 then get onto Hwy 58 to Decatur. Then turn left at the only red light they have and the school will then be on the right!

I think thats correct!

If you don't want to go the long way around up Hwy 27 to Dayton and across HWy 30.

Would be from Hamilton Place take HWY 153 then get onto Hwy 58 to Decatur.  Then turn left at the only red light they have and the school will then be on the right!

I think thats correct!

825360749[/snapback]

Hey Thanks! Hopefully I will make it there! Be driving out in the middle of no where......... Can't miss this game! :P:lol: